Symphony X DVD?

I asked Mike Romeo about this and he said that they do intend to do one, it's a matter of both funds, and having enough quality material to work with (he compared it to waiting to put out the live cd til they felt they had enough live material to choose from). So hang in there.. :)

It would be very awesome to have those long epics played LIVE on the upcoming DVD (if there is)

if they play the whole "The Odessey" (song) Live, that'll be damn cool :D

What would be cool, and I am going to lala land now ;), is when Symphony X could give a 2 hour gig with a full orchestra. When they could make a DVD from that with DTS sound I would be going crazy... Well I can alway's dream, right :)?

Let me ask Romeo about the odds of that happening, Henri..ya never know, maybe he'd love to do it!

*adds that to her 'ask Mike' list*

I know Symphony X would love to do a concert with an orchestra but I'd prefer it to not be on any forthcoming DVD's. I mean, come on, where's Michael Pinnela gonna fit in then- he does the orchestra kind of bits and an orchestra ussually ruins it for some people as well. Look at Metallica's S&M and the live Scorpion's DVD- it'd be better without all that wussy orchestra stuff. Ok I know it's just my opinion....

but I'm also making a point, look...

Symphony X release DVD of them playing with a full orchestra-
20,000 people buy it because they like it,
10,000 don't buy it because they hate orchestras = Bad.

instead
Symphony X release DVD with just them kicking ass on stage-
30,000 people buy it and are happy
0 don't buy it because there's no reason not to = Good!

;)

[Obviously those numbers are just made up stuff- I don't know how many they'd really sell]

I'm just saying -with no orchestra- more people are happy.

Originally posted by SymphonyXFan
I know Symphony X would love to do a concert with an orchestra but I'd prefer it to not be on any forthcoming DVD's. I mean, come on, where's Michael Pinnela gonna fit in then- he does the orchestra kind of bits and an orchestra ussually ruins it for some people as well. Look at Metallica's S&M and the live Scorpion's DVD- it'd be better without all that wussy orchestra stuff. Ok I know it's just my opinion....

but I'm also making a point, look...

Symphony X release DVD of them playing with a full orchestra-
20,000 people buy it because they like it,
10,000 don't buy it because they hate orchestras = Bad.

instead
Symphony X release DVD with just them kicking ass on stage-
30,000 people buy it and are happy
0 don't buy it because there's no reason not to = Good!

;)

[Obviously those numbers are just made up stuff- I don't know how many they'd really sell]

I'm just saying -with no orchestra- more people are happy.

That makes sense to me, but I'm sure the DVD would rule no matter what, Symphony X can do no wrong.

Originally posted by Hawk
What would be cool, and I am going to lala land now ;), is when Symphony X could give a 2 hour gig with a full orchestra.

I asked MJR about this today, and he said "That would be cool someday!". Needless to say, that would take time and money they don't have at the moment, but he thought it was a great idea..so who knows what the future might hold. ;)

Why not do both and get fruitful results from both? Make a DVD of them ruling the stage and the scene...all of the fans are overjoyed. Do a gig with an orchestra and let the musically gifted fans enjoy the fresh mix, which is one reason why we like Symphony X in the first place.

Originally posted by Lady of the Oracle
I asked MJR about this today, and he said "That would be cool someday!". Needless to say, that would take time and money they don't have at the moment, but he thought it was a great idea..so who knows what the future might hold. ;)

Woooooooot going crazy here!! :p :p :p :p

Well, I've got a 2VCD of SyX live at the Medley when they played in Montreal on the V tour. Man, they f***in' ROCKS!!!!!
A DVD would be just brilliant. I want it to be a LIVE and extended set + LOADS of "on the road" documentary, Interviews, bits and pieces from the O recording sessions.

Is that to much to ask for ...? :headbang:

Frank