Symphony X needs to headline a TOUR!!

mark_bwaite

One Man Gang
Oct 15, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'm mad they haven't yet.....:mad: I also think they should re-do the first self-title album with poor quality b/c we all know that Russel Allen is 50X better than that other singer (Rod Tyler I think?). AND is the bonus track Masquerade the same one from the first album?? Please post.

well, maybe they need more a big tour with a band that sells a lot, even if Strato are a very poor band compared to SyX.

this tour maybe will provide them new fans.. i want to think that even if i will pay an entire ticket just to see a 45 minutes show, at least the band will take the chance to get known by more people.

yes,masquerade is the same as the debut album, singed by Allen.. i used to like the first version, but the new one is just incredible.

I'm not sure if they'd do too well on a headlining tour, as much as I'd like it to happen. In Europe they'd probably get a respectable audience, but in the U.S. I think the tour would be a disaster, if with BG, supposedly the popular band, attendance was quite bad, I can't imagine how much they would manage to fill clubs headlining. They would need to do a smaller tour, one location per state and such, and just maybe they'd be able to get a promoter appeasing attendance.

I would for sure love to see them play soon though, I would even make a 10 hour roadtrip to see them if the chance comes around next time.

These thoughts have bothered me too. But consider the deception and manipulation associated with the music industry and one can clearly see how the true talent has been overshadowed by the prefabricated trash which is spewed out as "music". And people keep buying it.

We can only hope that, with every show these guys play, it will get around that this is one genre where true musical talent lives and thrives. If they can be happy with performing and touring in clubs and small venues, I truly believe that after this tour, they will sell enough of tickets to make it worthwhile. I know I can be happy with that if they can. Despite the setbacks, they are turning a lot of people on to what they are about.

My kids are the only ones in their entire school who are into prog music. If more parents with teens would seriously start listening, they would realize that the progressive music that was enjoyed in the 70's is here now and better than ever. Then word would really get around. Hey, we're trying to do our part, hope it matters.

Originally posted by Pharoah

My kids are the only ones in their entire school who are into prog music. If more parents with teens would seriously start listening, they would realize that the progressive music that was enjoyed in the 70's is here now and better than ever. Then word would really get around. Hey, we're trying to do our part, hope it matters.

I agree completely... and the same with the millions of people who were into metal in the 80's.

Originally posted by HallowedOne
I'm not sure if they'd do too well on a headlining tour, as much as I'd like it to happen. In Europe they'd probably get a respectable audience, but in the U.S. I think the tour would be a disaster, if with BG, supposedly the popular band, attendance was quite bad, I can't imagine how much they would manage to fill clubs headlining. They would need to do a smaller tour, one location per state and such, and just maybe they'd be able to get a promoter appeasing attendance.

I would for sure love to see them play soon though, I would even make a 10 hour roadtrip to see them if the chance comes around next time.

yes. an US tour is not needed (IMO). They must fullfill big venues here in Europe first and then jump to US.

Europe > US (imo)

i have an Angra review in my website. There were 12 people attending the show. That's pretty embarrasing.

Originally posted by SiRo
yes. an US tour is not needed (IMO). They must fullfill big venues here in Europe first and then jump to US.

Europe > US (imo)

i have an Angra review in my website. There were 12 people attending the show. That's pretty embarrasing.

That was embarrassing... but Angra did pick the dumbest possible place to perform. They played a summer resort town on the coast of North Carolina in the dead of winter! Nobody lives in that area during winter! The closest major cities were hundreds of miles away. They could have played a city like Pittsburgh where they would have had many more fans... but instead they booked a show for a summer resort town in winter.