Symphony X to perform in NYC and L.A. in the spring

Oh, the show was great...once I got there. I missed the first 7 songs because I was waiting in traffic to get in. You think that getting into the area with more than an hour to spare before showtime would be enough to get parked at the very least...

OFF TOPIC ALERT: The PARKING was a CF. I have never seen it that bad ever, and I've seen RUSH there a number of times. Ugh!

I seriously doubt that there won't be a full tour considering the band's ever increasing popularity.

True, but with them you never know what they do. They may do Europe and Asia, ignoring the US altogether or do it much later.

Oh, the show was great...once I got there. I missed the first 7 songs because I was waiting in traffic to get in. You think that getting into the area with more than an hour to spare before showtime would be enough to get parked at the very least...
Ever since Fuhrer Bloomberg took over, it has become insanity to drive into Midtown Manhattan. Save the car, take the train in.

Symphony X is notorious for playing one-off shows in NYC. The same thing happened last time, right before Paradise Lost was released.

Needless to say, I will be there.

It's been horrible since the venue opened too. I missed an entire concert probably 12-13 years ago. For smaller acts, it's still a bitch to get in there, but doable. No idea why after all these years, they haven't addressed the problem.

I thought that Rush show was pretty awesome myself. Hell, I even ran across Zane (the 'CD Inzane' guy) there! But tell me about it. That traffic getting in and out of the Pavilion (I'm sorry, I just cannot bring myself to call it "Jiffy Lube Live" - hell, the signs on the highway still have it labeled as "Nissan Pavilion") was complete bullshit. I am glad I was coming at it from the west, as I was at my parent's place visiting before the show. I saw how backed up I-66 was heading east at that exit. After attending something like that, it makes me appreciate ProgPower all that much more.

As to Symphony X, would love to see them, but just to far for me to make either show. I just have no desire to go up into NY (and I agree with that one post - leave the car, take the train).

As to Symphony X, would love to see them, but just to far for me to make either show. I just have no desire to go up into NY (and I agree with that one post - leave the car, take the train).

Gee, and I thought you'd be the first one to say "Road Trip". :lol:

But the train makes more sense. I just hope they do go on tour or have a date closer to the DC/Baltimore area.

I know they're fond of doing one-offs in NYC, but looking at how spaced out the two dates are, I'm going to assume that there's some sort of tour in-between.

Either way, I'd like to see them. I got to see them on my eighteenth birthday a few years ago, and that was one of the best nights of my life. :worship: If they don't announce a CT/MA date I might have to go down to the NYC show...