Symphony X

Arasmas

New Metal Member
Jun 15, 2007
Beijing
anyone else dig this great band? i just can't seem to get enough of Paradise Lost :)

what other albums by them are good?

Not close to being one of my fav bands, but I'll enjoy listening to some songs by them once in a while, like Inferno (Unleash The Fire) or Smoke And Mirrors. The heavier style in Paradise Lost imo will sound better and less dull.

I like this band dispite all the negativity surrounding them around here..
Paradise Lost is sound like a quality SX record. So far I like it more than Odyssey but still not as much as V

absolutely love V: The Grand Design. one of my fave power/prog albums, and I don't like many of those.

Divine Wings of Tragedy and Twilight in Olympus also highly recommended.

didn't like the attempts at aggression on Odyssey, felt forced. the orchestration on the title track was overdone, needed a full orchestra to sound epic and not like a Final Fantasy soundtrack (much as I like those). loved the Gershwin piano bits in Awakenings though; wish they'd incorporate more non-classical stuff into their sound.

have not heard the new one yet, I'm guessing it's good.

yea, i enjoy Sym. X every now and then...cannot listen to full albums, but i get to the halfway point and pop in some Rolling Stones for sanity, sex and rock n' roll

I think Paradise Lost is better than the self-titled one though. Divine Wings, Twilight in Olympus and others are great.

'V: The New Mythology Suite' is definitely my favorite Symphony X album, and one of the few albums that I consider to be perfect (or at least damn close). 'The Damnation Game' is very underrated. It has a lot of really great songs, and you should certainly listen to it. Of course 'The Divine Wings of Tragedy' is highly acclaimed, and for good reason! It's a fantastic album. 'Twilight in Olympus' is a little underappreciated, which is a shame, because it has some of Symphony X's best songs on it. 'The Odyssey' is really good, but not in my top three. The title track, though, is easily one of the best songs Symphony X ever wrote, and a real masterpiece. That ending is so heroic. 'Paradise Lost' is very solid, and I like the production on it a lot, but it's never endeared itself to me quite like some of the other albums have. At times, though, it really kicks me in the face and works me into a lather. Really, everything Symphony X has done is worth your time, except the first album, which even they dislike. Seek out 'V' with the most tenacity, though.