Synth problem

MrLatter

New Metal Member
Mar 18, 2011
Hi guys, i am new member! I was wondering Joey what synths do you commonly use?

At 1:30ish what synth is that? :zombie: could i achieve this on a microKORG?

Josh :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
looked a little something like this:

trancegate.png

thanks dude, im only starting up and have managed to find a version one of mates had spare. what DAW did you use? ive spent the last hour trying to work out how to put the au of vanguard in Mac's Garageband... :(

Josh

uhh... welp, i use whatever is in front of me.

i don't know if you are using a pirated version (or not)... but don't! it only costs $80, which is really cheap for an excellent soft-synth and is about a days worth of labor... (depending on who you ask).

we are all very much obliged to steer anyone away from using pirated software. so, you are on your own with regards to that.

I'd have to check with my mate! I don't download pirated things :p but thanks for your advice!

with all due respect ...if you are getting it from another person (and it is not licensed to you)... it is in fact pirated.

pirated - to make use of or reproduce (another's work) without authorization.

even if you friend gives you copy of his own version... you are still not legally authorized to use it therefore constitutes software piracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it depends on the EULA.... it is entirely plausible that that software is licensed to be installed on only one machine at a time but can be used by anyone.

does anyone no the combination snares that r in this drum n synth audio
of prada?

i did this with the (slate) big fatty kit (which is)

- snare 12a
- kick 12

this only took me 10 min to make and i'm sure joey used the real overheads... and (of course) a much better approach to the mixing/mastering.

depending on how it's mixed and mastered can dramatically change everything (sonically) about the typical slate characteristics.

oh right cheers, I still wonder why joey never made samples to sell out of it :S

Josh

oh right cheers, I still wonder why joey never made samples to sell out of it :S

Josh

He does have samples of it, but he told me that its only hard hits because that was the only thing they needed for the CD because of the way they recorded it.
And because this CD was more natural drums I am going to assuming he means weak drum and cymbal hits are replaced with hard ones

and He doesnt think selling only hard hits of a drum kit is marketable in comparison to other sample libraries he has