T.O.C. - Japanese bonus track "The Purist's Drug"

This may have been covered a long time ago on another thread (which I can't find), but does anyone know whatever happened to Nevermore's cover of "Diary Of A Madman"? It was on their myspace page for about a day after TGE came out and I haven't been able to find it anywhere since. They don't even mention it anymore.

This may have been covered a long time ago on another thread (which I can't find), but does anyone know whatever happened to Nevermore's cover of "Diary Of A Madman"? It was on their myspace page for about a day after TGE came out and I haven't been able to find it anywhere since. They don't even mention it anymore.

Wow - that is one of my all-time favorite songs and I would pay to hear it....there needs to be a way for us fans to get our hands on some of these things.

My CD, the TOC that I bought in the US doesn't even have the Crystal Ship track on it, but you know what???
I hate The Doors anyways, and to be frank.... I heard the cover on youtube and I am not THAT upset I don't have it on my awesome TOC version.

So do I. People act as if it's a capital offence to say it, but the Doors are shit. So are the Rolling Stones, incidentally.

Actually, I love The Rolling Stones a lot because my dad loves them so I grew up on their music, and they are awesome (IMO)
But The Doors are so bad, and Morrison is one of the most overrated "mucisian" I know. "ooohhh he was on drugs and wrote poetry!" wooptie doodie. Plus, that stupid keyboard in their music...

BLAH!

So, does The Purist's Drug really exist?

Yes, it's on the Japanese pressing which also includes "Temptation" and "The Crystal Ship." The song sounds like it would fit with Dead Heart, TGE or Politics.

This makes 4 versions of TOC that are out: the US version with 10 tracks, the European version with 11 tracks (Temptation), the box set version with 12 tracks (Temptation and Crystal Ship) and the Japanese with 13.

I was buying the Japanese pressing no matter what, so getting the bonus track was a huge bonus. Getting a new studio song certainly beats getting demo or live versions of songs, which has been the norm on the Japanese pressings of Nevermore discs (except for the first one, which had "The System's Failing"). The German box set for Dead Heart is the only other import pressing I've ever seen to include studio bonus tracks (Love Bites, All The Coward's Hide, Chances Three).

Wow - that is one of my all-time favorite songs and I would pay to hear it....there needs to be a way for us fans to get our hands on some of these things.

The original rumors of the Diary cover was that it was (initially) made to be a bonus track on the Japanese pressing (instead we got live tracks) or to be included on a single (much like Love Bites was eventually put on the "Believe In Nothing" single). I found a badly recorded live version of the song on youtube but can't find a torrent or anything of it online. With all the covers of Ozzy songs and all the guitarist's Ozzy has had since Randy died, this was the closest to Randy's playing I had ever heard.