T.O.C. - Japanese bonus track "The Purist's Drug"

Ok gang - special thanks goes out to NevermoreTHC for helping me out. I'm not sure if it will get pulled from youtube - so hurry and listen:

This was my first attempt at loading an mp3 so I didn't get too cute - the important thing is getting the song out to all the hardcore fans here!

"TELL ME SOMETHING PURE, TELL ME THE TRUTH"

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that song is great!

How the fuck did this song not make it on to the album? Or at least to the special edition? How did it end up in Japan? Couldn't they have gotten Your Poison Throne instead?

CrackedKnäckebröd;9287193 said:
Yeah, that song is great!

How the fuck did this song not make it on to the album? Or at least to the special edition? How did it end up in Japan? Couldn't they have gotten Your Poison Throne instead?

It is maddening how the record companies are doing this and spreading band's new music all over the place instead of making it easy for the fans to get what they want from their favorite bands all at once. I'll pay a higher price if you give me the option to buy a "super special deluxe one of a kind edition" that has every new song the band wrote. On the last Lamb of God cd, there were 2 Japanese bonus tracks that were definitely better than most of the songs that were on the regular cd. Check out "Condemn the Hive" if you never heard that one - I actually think it is one of the best LoG songs of all-time and most people never got to hear it. It is raw, fast and heavy and definitely should've been on there instead of "In Your Words". The other one is "We Die Alone" and both have some great riffs and drumming that should've been heard by more people.

I wish all the songs on the new album had longer solos like this one... but it's still not long enough. What happened to all the epic solos with big tense buildups and nice outro sections?

Don't get me wrong, I love the new album, but all the songs seem crammed together and heavily edited down to maximize efficiency, instead of breathing and playing out naturally. Mainly in the solo sections, which is where I miss that stuff the most.

Old Slayer can indeed rule the face. I was bored witless when I saw them last year, though. Mastodon blew them away.
yeh mastodon is pretty amazing live.

ive never seen slayer, BUT i just heard on the radio this morning that their tour they're doing with megadeth in august/september will be featuring Seasons in the Abyss in its entirety!! thats probably my favorite complete album from them so i might actually have to go see them geezers!

ive never seen slayer, BUT i just heard on the radio this morning that their tour they're doing with megadeth in august/september will be featuring Seasons in the Abyss in its entirety!! thats probably my favorite complete album from them so i might actually have to go see them geezers![/QUOTE]

I just got back from the American Carnage show at the Meadowlands in NJ. Slayer did indeed do all of "Seasons." The set list for them was:

World Painted Blood
Hate Worldwide
"Seasons In The Abyss" album
South Of Heaven
Reigning Blood
Angel of Death

The last four songs...there really isn't much of a better way to end a concert. Megadeth and Testament were both great as well. Looking forward to seeing Nevermore in October.

I don't like The Purist Drug, despite loving the album.

1.It's awkward when you start a song with the chorus and go right into Warrel singing as though there had been some previous build up.
2.The melody isn't very melodic. The harmony just sounds ugly.
3.The verse is great, but the drums behind it are stupid.

I do agree on the solo, though. I know exactly what you meant. Many of the solos felt really cut and paste.

yeh mastodon is pretty amazing live.

ive never seen slayer, BUT i just heard on the radio this morning that their tour they're doing with megadeth in august/september will be featuring Seasons in the Abyss in its entirety!! thats probably my favorite complete album from them so i might actually have to go see them geezers!

I will be at the SF show and I believe Isabel is going also