T-Rack singles on offer

John_C

formerly Skeksis268
Dec 30, 2008
Coventry, UK
www.myspace.com
IK Multimedia have an offer on for T-Racks singles for 30 euros or $40.

I really like the Classic T-RackS Compressor, has anyone had any experience with the others? I was thinking of getting perhaps the fairchild sim, or maybe the pultec...then again I don't have a decent linear phase eq so maybe that would be better

any ideas?

IK Multimedia have an offer on for T-Racks singles for 30 euros or $40.

I really like the Classic T-RackS Compressor, has anyone had any experience with the others? I was thinking of getting perhaps the fairchild sim, or maybe the pultec...then again I don't have a decent linear phase eq so maybe that would be better

any ideas?

I've got the Classic Compressor, Classic EQ, Pultec, Fairchild, Opto, Brickwall Limiter, and some CSR Hall reverb.

Classic Compressor: It's pretty decent. Works nicely on busses, but I don't use it much on single tracks. It often ends up on the master bus for some subtle gluing.

Classic EQ: Nothing special, but not bad. I often use it for some wider, subtle changes. Seldom for anything surgical.

Pultec: I love this one. Can't compare it to the real thing, but I don't really care, as this is a really useful, vibey EQ. Works great on cranking the highs before a compressor. For 30€, I'd recommend to grab at least this one.

Fairchild: To be honest, I haven't played around with this one that much. Sounds pretty nice to my ears from my limited testing.

Opto: Great for vocals. Not my go-to (I usually go with BF LA2A and 1176), but still a very nice compressor. It has ended up on some out-of-control guitar tracks, too.

Brickwall Limiter: I'm not a huge fan of this one. Plenty of options, but at least for a mastering limiter, I don't find it that good. A/B'd against L2007, Pro-L, Maxim and FG-X and it has almost always been my last pick.

CSR Hall: I'm not sure if I have even installed this one :lol:

Opto Compressor: Very transparent, smooth, not very aggressive. I need to dig deeper into this one, though. Too many (crappy) plugins to choose from...
Fairchild: Great one. The saturation is sweet. Krank the gain and leave the threshold down (no gain reduction). I like it on vocals on one of the faster (left) time-constant settings.
Clipper: Drive it 2 dB into the red before the 2bus limiter...
Brickwall Limiter: I go back and forth between this (Clean mode only) and the Stillwell Event Horizon+... It might not be the end of all limiters, but I like it so far. Do not go beyond 4 dB of GR max.
Metering: The spectrum analyzer is too small, but the metering is quite nice