TAB Thread.

<-Warheart-> said:
lol yeah, they're everywhere. Half of them don't have floating bridges either.
I want my next guitar to have 24 frets, original Floyd Rose and an easy access neck. The guitar I have now has the old type of neck joint so I can hardly reach the 24th fret.

e-22p19-------19--
b-------20--20----
g---------19------

Even that is hard to reach with the joint it has. :(
yeah i know what you mean, ive played guitars like that and they are a bitch

that is pretty mcuh what im looking for too, 24 frets, floyd rose, and neck through

Lake_Laiho said:
Tab stuff

Ooo there's a few sour notes in there :p. I'll give it a shot later too.

Yeah I've started TDE, I've got pretty much all of it how I think he played it, I just haven't worked out the tapping part yet. I'll probably do it later if I remember.

Practise.

Please don't say "shredding skills", the word shred makes me cringe, especially after seeing some of the stuff on youtube. Playing fast should come naturally as you progress each year. People that try and play Scarified by Racer X and Kissing the Shadows under 2/3 years pretty much suck. It takes time to learn how to "touch" the guitar properly, like perfect fretting and things like bends and vibrato. Most players under that time don't really have controlled vibrato. Obviously that doesn't go for every singe player, I'm just saying this based on what I've heard. If you can't play fast, don't rush it. I'm sure you've heard the word metronome before, use one, always.

Here's my adaptation of the Deadnight Warrior solo.

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0S44AZG8QGSHV09PX4ARTA4Z6J

A few notes:

Changed tuning to Something Wild tuning: C#, G#, B, E, G#, C# (I'm picky).

Bar 2: Pretty sure he played it that way, it's the same arpeggio he plays in the Warheart solo, Hate Crew Deathroll, We're Not Gonna Fall, and on Reap N' Roll licks.
Bar 3: Probably the easiest way to get to those notes after that arpeggio.
Bar 4/5: I left that, it's playable.
Bar 6: I listened for the 6th note and I heard that A, as opposed to the A# that everyother tab has. Same with the last note, I heard the A again. He obviously reached for it before he had finished completely playing the current arpeggio so he could make the change cleanly.
Bar 7: I'm positive the first 5 notes are correct, not about the rest but it's still a diminished arpeggio none the less.
Bar 8: left it alone.
Bar 9: Same as bar 7.
Bar 10: Changed that one note and left the rest, cause they were right.

Eh.

Yeah sorry, that might of seemed a bit harsh, or just pointless. But again, practise with a metronome, and don't rush, listen to your fingers.

Hmmm.... i tried hosting the last link posted, but I got this invalid link converter error. so, I copied the url into the field and hit send, but it returned this:

Code:
erver Error in '/' Application.
SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction) +474
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction) +372
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +384
   YouSendIt.dbmanager.cntr_pagehit(DateTime dt, Boolean IsSSL, String pagename) +68
   YouSendIt.direct.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +158
   System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

Maybe Yousendit is having server problems, or maybe your file got corrupted.

<-Warheart-> said:
Here's my adaptation of the Deadnight Warrior solo.

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0S44AZG8QGSHV09PX4ARTA4Z6J

A few notes:

Changed tuning to Something Wild tuning: C#, G#, B, E, G#, C# (I'm picky).

Bar 2: Pretty sure he played it that way, it's the same arpeggio he plays in the Warheart solo, Hate Crew Deathroll, We're Not Gonna Fall, and on Reap N' Roll licks.
Bar 3: Probably the easiest way to get to those notes after that arpeggio.
Bar 4/5: I left that, it's playable.
Bar 6: I listened for the 6th note and I heard that A, as opposed to the A# that everyother tab has. Same with the last note, I heard the A again. He obviously reached for it before he had finished completely playing the current arpeggio so he could make the change cleanly.
Bar 7: I'm positive the first 5 notes are correct, not about the rest but it's still a diminished arpeggio none the less.
Bar 8: left it alone.
Bar 9: Same as bar 7.
Bar 10: Changed that one note and left the rest, cause they were right.

Eh.
Awesome man! And my bad on the tuning :p

Bar 2: In the old days he played it that way, but I guess how you play it is just a matter of taste.
Bar 3: Actually same there, depends on how you play the arpeggio :p
Bar 4/5: Right :)
Bar 5: Sounds right.
Bar 6: Are you sure about that F# note in the end of this bar? Sounds like an E to me
Bar 7: Your right about the first 5 notes, I corrected the rest.
Bar 8: Right.
Bar 9: Right again.
Bar 10: Yepp, that was an honest mistake :p

Great edit, and for the fingering and octaves, it's all a matter of taste hehe

here's the final tab:

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=445C723429633C65

Final tab for my part anyway, seems almost a 100% correct now

Wanna do TDE now? :p

<-Warheart-> said:
Yeah sorry, that might of seemed a bit harsh, or just pointless. But again, practise with a metronome, and don't rush, listen to your fingers.
i agree, it takes awhile to learn the fretboard and the guitar, people try to pick up a guitar that they have barely played and automatically want to play fast, which doesnt happen, my advice, practice, use a metronome, and if you want get a guitar help book, some are really good and they give you great exercises to use :)

xshadowsoulsx said:
i agree, it takes awhile to learn the fretboard and the guitar, people try to pick up a guitar that they have barely played and automatically want to play fast, which doesnt happen, my advice, practice, use a metronome, and if you want get a guitar help book, some are really good and they give you great exercises to use :)

yeah i need a practice book thats for sure :) and i dont really know what to play with the metronome or how to play :erk:

Rock_Hydra said:
Hmmm.... i tried hosting the last link posted, but I got this invalid link converter error. so, I copied the url into the field and hit send, but it returned this:

Try hosting the lastest link, which was by Lake_Laiho, that's the one we've agreed on. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bar 2: In the old days he played it that way, but I guess how you play it is just a matter of taste. Yeah it's all preferance. I like doing it the way I tabbed since I've got used to him playing it like that but if you say he played it the original way, I'll take your word for it.
Bar 3: Actually same there, depends on how you play the arpeggio :p
Bar 4/5: Right
Bar 5: Sounds right.
Bar 6: Are you sure about that F# note in the end of this bar? Sounds like an E to me.It's what I heard, it's nothing major overall, and not me really, this solo isn't in my top 10 so I won't be learning it.
Bar 7: Your right about the first 5 notes, I corrected the rest.[/color=red]That position shift looks cool, and it works. I would never have though of doing that![/color]
Bar 8: Right.
Bar 9: Right again.
Bar 10: Yepp, that was an honest mistake :p

Great edit, and for the fingering and octaves, it's all a matter of taste hehe

here's the final tab:

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.p...5C723429633C65

Final tab for my part anyway, seems almost a 100% correct now

Yeah pretty much. We did a good job.

Wanna do TDE now? :p

I've done most of it already, I've just got to work out that tapping part. I might do it in about 15 mins, it *should* be up in 4 hours, max.

ok awesome.

what is your top 10 solo list anyway?
maybe we could work on a solo from that list that we both like?

alex1 said:
yeah i need a practice book thats for sure :) and i dont really know what to play with the metronome or how to play :erk:
Start of by playing scales, start slow, always start slow and then move up slowly from there :)