TAB Thread.

"The sweepstakes is open and offered only to legal residents of the United States age 13 or older."

Mitch = UK.

Unless I've understood that wrong, it means I can't enter, right?

Plus, I'm only 11. :lol:

(But I doubt that I'll win)

:(

...not that I really need a non-trem guitar anyway.
Hey, its a free guitar :lol:

"The sweepstakes is open and offered only to legal residents of the United States age 13 or older."

Mitch = UK.

Unless I've understood that wrong, it means I can't enter, right?

Plus, I'm only 11. :lol:

Oh, I didnt read it :p

Well you wanna tab it out and send it to me so I might have a chance :D

Well unfortunately I haven't tabbed that. It's not too loud in the mix and when he's low on the strings and palm muting, it's hard to hear exactly what he's playing. Maybe in the future there'll be one.

well since epi gave us a description how to make a backing track, i tried to make a trashed lost strungout backing track. here is the result :TLS Backingtrack

but i've got to say its my first backing track, recording and mixing , so it's not perfect but i'm open-minded about critics.

Mitch, it seems like you're rarin' to do a Snakebite cover, what with the request for the backing track and all. My hat goes off to you, good sir, if you can play 16th notes at 205bpm.:worship:

Do you have a decent tab for it though? The GP file from UG is pretty strange.

Mitch, it seems like you're rarin' to do a Snakebite cover, what with the request for the backing track and all. My hat goes off to you, good sir, if you can play 16th notes at 205bpm.:worship:

Do you have a decent tab for it though? The GP file from UG is pretty strange.

Well yeah, I was asked if I wanted to record a solo on someone elses cover that they're going to be doing and also, correct the solos on the UG tab so he could learn it properly etc but I ended up writing up a completely new tab from scratch because that one is in the wrong tuning and I really didn't like it.

And since Epi made that Downfall and Hellion backing track the other week, I thought I'd ask if he could make a backing track for Snakebite too. I'm supposed to be recording the 1st solo and the other dude will be doing the rest and the rhythms so we'll see how that goes eh because the 1st one is the hardest!!! I've still got to practise that diminished string skipping thing and the harmonic minor string skipping bit at the end of it because that's what's holding me back.

Here's my tab of it:
Racer X - Snakebite

crawler64 said:
well since epi gave us a description how to make a backing track, i tried to make a trashed lost strungout backing track. here is the result :TLS Backingtrack

but i've got to say its my first backing track, recording and mixing , so it's not perfect but i'm open-minded about critics.

Not bad. Maybe a bit too much gain on the guitar and you might want to try recording 2 different tracks but play the same thing and then pan one left and one right. It'll improve your tone and the overall sound instantly just by doing that.

Trashed, Lost and Strungout backing track

Well yeah, I was asked if I wanted to record a solo on someone elses cover that they're going to be doing and also, correct the solos on the UG tab so he could learn it properly etc but I ended up writing up a completely new tab from scratch because that one is in the wrong tuning and I really didn't like it.

And since Epi made that Downfall and Hellion backing track the other week, I thought I'd ask if he could make a backing track for Snakebite too. I'm supposed to be recording the 1st solo and the other dude will be doing the rest and the rhythms so we'll see how that goes eh because the 1st one is the hardest!!! I've still got to practise that diminished string skipping thing and the harmonic minor string skipping bit at the end of it because that's what's holding me back.

Here's my tab of it:
Racer X - Snakebite

Not bad. Maybe a bit too much gain on the guitar and you might want to try recording 2 different tracks but play the same thing and then pan one left and one right. It'll improve your tone and the overall sound instantly just by doing that.

Trashed, Lost and Strungout backing track
it's 80% to the left and right correct?

it's 80% to the left and right correct?

There is no "correct'. Just try anything and everything and go with what sounds best to you. If I record 2 tracks, I usually go between 60-90% depending on the song/tone etc. But other times I'll do 4-7 and pan 95%, 75% on both sides and then maybe a centre. Just experiement.

Great job on the tab, dude.:kickass:

I thought he only recently "invented" the 3-string guitar thing. :err:

Does he never sweep anything? That diminished lick in the first section is just begging to be swept. I guess that's not his style though...

Does he never sweep anything? That diminished lick in the first section is just begging to be swept. I guess that's not his style though...

Nah, he demonstrated a 3 string lick on Terrifying Guitar Trip.

He sweeps a few things but that diminished lick is string skipped for sure!!

I read an article in Guitar One where he says he doesn't really like to do sweeping much anymore.

There is no "correct'. Just try anything and everything and go with what sounds best to you. If I record 2 tracks, I usually go between 60-90% depending on the song/tone etc. But other times I'll do 4-7 and pan 95%, 75% on both sides and then maybe a centre. Just experiement.

I know we talked about this earlier, but if I have 3 tracks, a lead, a rhythm, and one just for the solo, what do you think a good plan for panning would be?