TAB Thread.

K, guys I made like a new riff thing... it's just an idea... not a song, just an idea for a section... keep that in my mind... it's sloppy too. The drums sounds crappier than ever too..... ok, enough excuses. Check it out, tell me how much it sucks. I have an idea for vocals over it...

K, here: Putfile - riffidea 80
I feel ashamed to say anything, cause I don't play any instrument...
So I can say that I like the melody but it would be nice if for the next parts you'll make you'd change guitar riffs a bit, not to sound too repetitive....
But it seemed a good start anyway... :)

I dont know if anybody in here plays keyboard, but I was planning on buying one after my birthday, and not a really shitty one. Ive been looking at the Yamaha SO3 and the Korg X5D, but dont really know which would be better, because Ive read reviews on both and they seem about equal. And Im probably at a price range up to $500, which both pretty much are.

I dont know if anybody in here plays keyboard, but I was planning on buying one after my birthday, and not a really shitty one. Ive been looking at the Yamaha SO3 and the Korg X5D, but dont really know which would be better, because Ive read reviews on both and they seem about equal. And Im probably at a price range up to $500, which both pretty much are.

I'd go with the Korg, both because in my opinion it's a better keyboard, and because I've had several problems with Yamaha earlier. You should also consider buying a synth module like the Roland JV-2080 if you're really serious about keyboards, but if it's mostly for fun, the Korg would be the best choice, in my opinion.

I'd go with the Korg, both because in my opinion it's a better keyboard, and because I've had several problems with Yamaha earlier. You should also consider buying a synth module like the Roland JV-2080 if you're really serious about keyboards, but if it's mostly for fun, the Korg would be the best choice, in my opinion.

Well right now its just for fun, becuase I do play guitar, but I would still like to get better at them. Do you know any place I could get the Korg, becuase musiciansfriend.com where I usually look, says it's discontinued, and ebay didnt have anything.

That's weird - there's usually always at least few X5Ds for sale on ebay.

It's been discontinued because Korg makes the x50 now. Looks like a damn good keyboard...might be a little over your budget though.

I saw that one at Guitar Center. Its a tad more money than I have or am gonna have soon :p.

I found one X5D though, Its on Amazon for $450.

Another thing, is that I cant find very many reviews for the X5D, and the ones I find for the Yamaha half are good and half are bad.

There is a Korg X5 on ebay though. The seller says its in excellent condition, and the "Buy It Now" is only at $230, with $30 to ship. You guys think its a good deal? Because I have that much saved up now.

I don't bother listening to reviews. Someone could write something saying that an Ibanez Rg770 is the most terrible guitar ever but it's just an opinion. I don't really know what I go by when buying something but if you're not looking for a seriously amazing keyboard, then whatever Ben said would probably be easily good enough for your needs.

Also, I'm not making a new thread for this but here's an Alexi Laiho Total Guitar guest lesson.

YouTube - Alexi Laiho Total Guitar Lesson

HE'S NOT USING HIS ESP V!!!! It's some crappy looking Les Paul thing or something. :yuk: He's playing the lick that's in one of the GP4 files that I wrote up a few months ago so don't even think about asking for the tab!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I think Im gonna buy it later today then, becuase of how good the price is, and that I dont need an extremely good keyboard.

And I saw that video earlier. He's using an LTD EC I think.

Also, I'm not making a new thread for this but here's an Alexi Laiho Total Guitar guest lesson.

YouTube - Alexi Laiho Total Guitar Lesson

HE'S NOT USING HIS ESP V!!!! It's some crappy looking Les Paul thing or something. :yuk: He's playing the lick that's in one of the GP4 files that I wrote up a few months ago so don't even think about asking for the tab!!!!

lol yeah i remember you posted those warm ups...i use the same one alexi plays on the video

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that sounds good! :)

I didn't care much for tabbing out those guitars but you did a good job there. :D

I think that sounds good! :)

I didn't care much for tabbing out those guitars but you did a good job there. :D

yeah cool thx, but i can understand why you did'nt, that was hard work . Damn Something Wild Recording :)

I don't know what you corrected but it's a fucking awesome sounding tab!!

I just listened to it all the way through and I'm starting to really like it all, good job guys. :D