TAB Thread.

I know we talked about this earlier, but if I have 3 tracks, a lead, a rhythm, and one just for the solo, what do you think a good plan for panning would be?

Well the solo would be centre. But I don't understand why you'd have a "rhythm" and a "lead" but not 2 rhythms.

If you were recording Warheart or something, you could have the "rhythm' panned about 20-40% and then the lead the same but on the other side. But for a better sound, have 2 rhythm tracks and the lead in the middle.

Well the solo would be centre. But I don't understand why you'd have a "rhythm" and a "lead" but not 2 rhythms.

If you were recording Warheart or something, you could have the "rhythm' panned about 20-40% and then the lead the same but on the other side. But for a better sound, have 2 rhythm tracks and the lead in the middle.

Its my own song that Im writing, and I want to record it next week. But what I mean, is that I have 2 different tracks, other than the solo, that arent the same. Like one is just a basic rhythm, but the other is different, its not a solo, but its kinda more of a complex rhythm, so I guess it would still be considered a rhythm, haha. If that makes any sense.

Well I kinda understand but if that were me, I'd do:

Actual rhythm = 2 tracks = panned about 80% left and right.
"Complex' rhythm = 2 tracks = panned about 20-45% left and right.
Any leads or solos = 1 track = centre.

It would sound much better and thicker like that as opposed to just having 1 basic rhythm and one complete rhythm on either side.

Even though I tabbed out all of it except the solo anyway...

Looks ok though. Right notes, just wrong positioning and tuning.

They recorded it. It's been out for 3 years.

"Latomeri (Klamydia cover / Los Celibatos album) 2003
-Released only on Klamydia's (a legendary Finnish punk band) Seokset EP.
"

From COBHC.com.

hey mitch, I just want to thank you again for making me that backing track a while ago, I was just playing to it today and I was having a blast.

Fair enough. I shud probably give it a go sometime too. If I remember correctly, the chords were Emin, Cmaj, C#dim, Cmaj so E natural minor should work over chords 1, 2 & 4 but I'm not sure about the scale for C#dim. Maybe a diminised scale.

Fair enough. I shud probably give it a go sometime too. If I remember correctly, the chords were Emin, Cmaj, C#dim, Cmaj so E natural minor should work over chords 1, 2 & 4 but I'm not sure about the scale for C#dim. Maybe a diminised scale.

I used E minor over all of it, it works

Yeah it should do but I'd get curious about that C# in there.

I just thought, E min is: E, F#, G, A, B, C, D, E.

If you put the C# in instead, it'd be: E, F#, G, A, B, C#, D, E.

That's Dmaj, but because it starts on the E it makes it E dorian. I'm a genious. :lol:

Yeah it should do but I'd get curious about that C# in there.

I just thought, E min is: E, F#, G, A, B, C, D, E.

If you put the C# in instead, it'd be: E, F#, G, A, B, C#, D, E.

That's Dmaj, but because it starts on the E it makes it E dorian. I'm a genious. :lol:

haha yea I guess it would be so but I guess the C# just kind of plays the role of adding tension to the passage.

Yeah it does. It kinda reminds me of a Beatles type song. I've never realyl liked them but ever since I had to learn about 10 of their songs, I've started to so this progression was interesting.