TAB Thread.

Keys for sure, dunno about harmonics, but the part I was refferring about yours was the actual guitar chords, which IMO are more acurate on mine. All the other stuff sure will need correction because I suck at tabbing even though I try, but I think the guitar chords are the correct ones.

Fuck! I'm not the best at tabbing, so I won't pass judgement on that tab, but still well done for trying so early on! I can't wait to hear the versions with all the improvements! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome backing track! how did you do it?

Thanks!

Oh man! I'm so tired of explaining people how I do BT's. :lol:

I do them with GP4 and Fruity Loops.

EDIT: I found the post where I explain it. Hope you'll find this usefull.

Alrighty. I'll try to explain this the best I can. Hope you'll get the idea. :)

CREATING BACKING TRACKS WITH FRUITY LOOPS

1. Open Guitar Pro -> Open the file you wish to make a backing track from -> Convert the GP file to midi and save it to your hard drive.

2. Go to HammerSound, and download some soundfonts (drumkit, bass, keyboard etc.).

Soundfonts should be saved somewhere in the root of the Fruity Loops so you can use them when you open Fruity Loops. Here's a screenshot of how I've saved them and where: CLICK!
I believe that the 'Soundfonts' directory is created when you install the program (FL). I made sub-directories to all the different instruments so it's easier to find them when you're in Fruity Loops.

3. Next you open up Fruity Loops -> Import the midi file you made earlier. Like this: CLICK!

4. Now you have the midi file imported to Fruity Loops. Should look something like this: CLICK! There's all the tracks just like in GP. Now you need to drag the soundfonts on the right tracks. Like this: CLICK!

5. Now, saving track by track in wav format. It's not necessary to save track by track but I like to do it so I can modify all the different instruments in Adobe Audition later.

So, basically you just turn off the tracks you don't want in the wav file, like: CLICK! Here I've turned off all the other tracks except the drum track (see the red rectangle). And next you'll go to File -> Export -> Wave file... and save the file. Do this to all the tracks and you'll have every instrument separately in wave format.

I think you could just drag the soundfonts on the tracks, leave all the tracks on, export it to mp3 and that would be it but I've never been happy to the sound at that point so I modify the dynamics and add some reverb etc. in Audition to make all the instruments sound a bit more realistic.

Hmm.. that's about it, I guess. Feel free to ask if something doesn't make sense or otherwise doesn't work. :D

And, this is just the way I do it. I bet there are tons of other ways to do this and this is just one of them.

Not too bad but I think you need to improve that guitar tone. It's way too muddy and not very clear so you can't really hear much. Apart from that, it was fine.

I did a short cover of the intro to Banned from Heaven (using tabs from here!)

There's one major mistake where I completely lost the note, but, I kinda got it back...

I hope I did the tabber justice!

Last edited by a moderator:
And I did a cover of the intro too.

1st one, the rhythm guitars weren't loud, enough so I recorded the...
2nd one, where the lead had a weird sound, so I put together the...
3rd one, which is version 1 & 2 mixed together, and then I did the...
4th one, which is the same as version 3 but both tracks panned out a little bit.

Here's number 4. Beware, it's fucking heavy, it's clipping like crazy and probably too loud but it's the best sounding one out of all 4.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ciupur

And I did a cover of the intro too.

1st one, the rhythm guitars weren't loud, enough so I recorded the...
2nd one, where the lead had a weird sound, so I put together the...
3rd one, which is version 1 & 2 mixed together, and then I did the...
4th one, which is the same as version 3 but both tracks panned out a little bit.

Here's number 4. Beware, it's fucking heavy, it's clipping like crazy and probably too loud but it's the best sounding one out of all 4.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ciupur

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

The more I listen to BFH intro, the more I like it! Great job :kickass: