TAB Thread.

Tapping basics:

put your finger on the string and hit downwards. it's easy as it is. :kickass:

Yeah if you're not getting enough sound,

either

1: You are not tapping hard enough
2: Your pickups don't have enough output (make sure you're at max volume)
3: You're not using distortion/enough of it

:p

Yeah if you're not getting enough sound,

either

1: You are not tapping hard enough
2: Your pickups don't have enough output (make sure you're at max volume)
3: You're not using distortion/enough of it

:p

I've been playing guitar for 5 years, I know how to tap, it was just the amp settings

Well in all honesty, amp settings have nothing to do with it. I can tap anything with any settings and it's always going to sound the same. Clean channel too.

It's just like the "dime squeals" and the whammy things that Alexi does alot, I never used to be able to get any sound out of them, even with the highest amount of distortion. Now I can do it anywhere on the fretboard even on the clean channel. It's all about technique, not the equipment.

Sorry to interrupt but I wanted to tell that :

THE GIGANTOUR IS FUCKING NICE !

I went to the gigantour at quebec on April 28th and Children of Bodom own all the show ! (and ya In Flames do it too but idc =P)

XD

There's a Gigantour sticky thread for these kind of posts. Please post any future posts in there in the future and not in the TAB thread. Thank you.

Well in all honesty, amp settings have nothing to do with it. I can tap anything with any settings and it's always going to sound the same. Clean channel too.

It's just like the "dime squeals" and the whammy things that Alexi does alot, I never used to be able to get any sound out of them, even with the highest amount of distortion. Now I can do it anywhere on the fretboard even on the clean channel. It's all about technique, not the equipment.

For me it was like that, strange I know because it wasn't like that before :erk: and it shouldn't (as you mentioned) depend on amp settings but tapping ain't so hard and I can tap and yeah strange.

Speaking of which, maybe you could explain some of that technique :)

Agreed, although you really amaze me even more if you can do squealings all over the fretboard dude :lol: I can do squeals in 2,3,4,5,6,7,9,12,15,17 and 24th frets with the amount of distortion you want or even in clean (which is a bit more difficult but not that much and definitely not impossible, but I can't on the other frets and also, I find it more difficult on 4th, 5th, and 6th strings than on 1st, 2nd and 3rd. So props to you if you can anywhere on any string with any kind of sound, once again you impress me :kickass:

Agreed, although you really amaze me even more if you can do squealings all over the fretboard dude :lol: I can do squeals in 2,3,4,5,6,7,9,12,15,17 and 24th frets with the amount of distortion you want or even in clean (which is a bit more difficult but not that much and definitely not impossible, but I can't on the other frets and also, I find it more difficult on 4th, 5th, and 6th strings than on 1st, 2nd and 3rd. So props to you if you can anywhere on any string with any kind of sound, once again you impress me :kickass:

If you think that's amazing I think you should definately check a guitarist name Mattias IA Eklundh. He's the master of harmonics/squeals/whatever. :D

Check his website for diagram of which note you get from each harmonic:

http://www.freakguitar.com/licks.html