TAB Thread.

hey guys...
I know it's not Bodom but could anyone have a go at tabbing out the Token of Time solo by Ensiferum? the ones on UG suck cock...
I did try, but Jari doesn't use the simplest of idea's :lol:

I just thought I'd say that on the verse of Banned from heaven the on the E string 0750 0530 the 7-5 and 5-3 are slides, I saw it on some interview and it shows Alexi in the studio playing that bit.
I also think the ODYC verse needs correcting, so i'll have a go when i get home from school :)

Could you post the vid please? I saw it once, then tried to find it again but couldn't.

Um i have no idea where i found it! I must have found it in the interview thread. The only reason i watched was for studio clips, of which there wa snot many. i'll look for it now

Does anyone knowhow the picking goes in the Tie My Rope interlude? Is it strictly alternate picking starting in a downstroke?

Well there's hammer ons in there so probably not. I don't know how he does it but I have the NAMM vid that I could watch. I have it on Youtube too.

Cool I'll find the link and watch it, when are the hammer ons, i looked at your tab but they are not indicated. Thanks for your help by the way.
EDIT: Just looked at your video but it doesn't have that part in it :lol:
EDIT2: There are only two hammer ons per each time he moves his hand up? Are they the hammer ons? Do you even know what i am on about :lol:

I can't find a video where he plays Banned From Heaven. Can you just post the link here?

Cool I'll find the link and watch it, when are the hammer ons, i looked at your tab but they are not indicated. Thanks for your help by the way.
EDIT: Just looked at your video but it doesn't have that part in it :lol:
EDIT2: There are only two hammer ons per each time he moves his hand up? Are they the hammer ons? Do you even know what i am on about :lol:

Fuck, you're right. I forgot to notate the slurs.

It's pretty much just this for each of the shapes:
29p6tty.jpg

I think, if my memory serves me correctly, the first hammer on to the 14th fret is with his pinky and the second hammer on to the 13th fret is with his middle finger. He keeps his index and ring fingers locked in the octave shape.

(I hope this is the section that you're referring to..)

Hey Mitch, remember a while ago I asked if someone could make a karaoke track for Venomous Vixens, and you said you'd make one?
I was just wondering how you were going with it, if you ever finished it or... even started it. lol
I kinda need it asap. Thanks!

Hey,

I honestly haven't even started. I remember you saying it was in August? And I usually end up leaving stuff until the last minute, but if you need it ASAP, I'll work on it at the weekend or even Thur/Fri/Sat nights.

It's not the playing that I'm worried about, it's the guitar tone but if you're happy with anything, then I'll see what I can do.

Hey,

I honestly haven't even started. I remember you saying it was in August? And I usually end up leaving stuff until the last minute, but if you need it ASAP, I'll work on it at the weekend or even Thur/Fri/Sat nights.

It's not the playing that I'm worried about, it's the guitar tone but if you're happy with anything, then I'll see what I can do.

Lol I'm the same when it comes to leaving things til the last minute.
I did say it was in August, but now I'm gonna need it this upcoming Monday for an audition... but I don't know if you'll be able to do it in time.:erk:
If you can't do it by then, that's cool. I'll see about doing some other song...
Tone is not a problem at all btw! :)

Bloody hell, this Monday? That's wayyyyy earlier than I was aiming for!!

Well it's Monday now so I've got a week. I'm off work Thurs night, Fri night, Sat night and Sun night to get the recordings done.

And of course, if I'm not 100% happy with the audition version, I can re-record it for August, right?

Well, I'll start rehearsing it now.

Go Mitch go!!! :lol: I don't think you should worry about the tone, at least I find the one you have in your last recordings quite good. Oh but yeah, I forgot how much Ben has shocked us and how eager we are all now to get something alike (which BTW I seriously doubt any of us will obtain with our current recording equipement, :lol:).

Ben obviously spends alot of time with this kinda stuff. Even if I had the same programs as him, I wouldn't know how to use it all in the right way. I can handle the playing, it's just everything else that I'm unsatisfied about.

^Of course. It was more a joke, I wouldn't dare to compare Ben's abilities and dedication to sound stuff with everybody else's, cos it is pointless. And also about the programs, because even with CEP there's many features that I don't have a fucking clue what they are used for, :lol:

Ben obviously spends alot of time with this kinda stuff. Even if I had the same programs as him, I wouldn't know how to use it all in the right way. I can handle the playing, it's just everything else that I'm unsatisfied about.

It is honestly not as hard as one might think. The only thing holding me back from recording some smashing rhythm tones is latency (delay in the sound signal). With your GP1000 I reckon you could get VERY close to CoB's studio tone.

Yeah but I don't use the GP-1000. I'd have to mic it up and 1. I don't have a decent mic and 2. I don't have a decent cab to make the GP-1000 sound decent in the first place. :erk:

One word: Impulses ;)

Record direct from preamp to soundcard and use a program called Boogex that models amp cabinets and mic placements. You can even model your tone to similar eq characteristics in CoB songs using an EQ analysis plug-in, providing that the guitar is isolated (like in the palm-muting section in You're Better Off Dead).

Ben doesn't mic up a cabinet in his recordings.