TAB Thread.

Hey Mitch, I noticed in the first post you haven't added those Blooddrunk BTs you made. Unfortunately, I couldn't download them when you linked it in your sig.
Do you think you could add it to the first post?

One word: Impulses ;)

Record direct from preamp to soundcard and use a program called Boogex that models amp cabinets and mic placements. You can even model your tone to similar eq characteristics in CoB songs using an EQ analysis plug-in, providing that the guitar is isolated (like in the palm-muting section in You're Better Off Dead).

Ben doesn't mic up a cabinet in his recordings.

Yeah, I've heard about them. The sound really complex but I hope they're not. I've heard some really awesome samples with them.

Hey Mitch, I noticed in the first post you haven't added those Blooddrunk BTs you made. Unfortunately, I couldn't download them when you linked it in your sig.
Do you think you could add it to the first post?

They wouldn't upload to the server for some reason. I had to put them on sendspace.

I'll try again tonight.

Thank you :)

I'm trying to download all the Follow the Reaper BTs, and they all worked, except for Northern Comfort. It just wouldn't open the file for some reason. That's one of my favorite Bodom songs...could some please help me by uploading it to sendspace? It would be much appreciated.

I can't find a video where he plays Banned From Heaven. Can you just post the link here?

Fuck, you're right. I forgot to notate the slurs.

It's pretty much just this for each of the shapes:
29p6tty.jpg

I think, if my memory serves me correctly, the first hammer on to the 14th fret is with his pinky and the second hammer on to the 13th fret is with his middle finger. He keeps his index and ring fingers locked in the octave shape.

(I hope this is the section that you're referring to..)

Do you look right at the end of part 2 it has a short 15 secondish vid of it

Yeah thats the right section, i thought picking it seemed a bit hard :lol: is the section after that just alternate picking though (on the E,B and G strings)
Thanks for your help!

Bloody hell, this Monday? That's wayyyyy earlier than I was aiming for!!

Well it's Monday now so I've got a week. I'm off work Thurs night, Fri night, Sat night and Sun night to get the recordings done.

And of course, if I'm not 100% happy with the audition version, I can re-record it for August, right?

Well, I'll start rehearsing it now.

Lol sorry about that, but Auditions were re-scheduled for that day. :lol:

Ofocurse you can re-record it if you're not happy with it!!! I won't stop you. :)

dave, yes, the next bit is alt picked

And I really want to look into this impulse stuff but apparantly, you need a convolutional reverb to mix it with to make it sound real or something.

And I still haven't figured out how to actually join the dry signal from the preamp to the impulse, which program omg

And I really want to look into this impulse stuff but apparantly, you need a convolutional reverb to mix it with to make it sound real or something.

And I still haven't figured out how to actually join the dry signal from the preamp to the impulse, which program omg

? How should this work? You mean that their is a program which simulates your amp or sth.? So you plug your guitar into your GP-1000 and then in your PC and the program makes all the distortion? Would be really cool if somebody could tell me more. Does this also work with a combo like my Line6 Spider II?

What you do is record from the GP1000 directly to the PC (connect GP1000 to your line-out on PC) and then you add those impulse files to the recorded track as a VST effect. It works on all recording programs. I use Reaper.

I have lots of these impulse files on my PC and it's really nice and easy to use them. I use Voxengo Pristine Space VST to load impulse files to the program.

Now, Voxengo Boogex is like a similar thing, or? And where the hell do you get that EQ analysis plug-in?

mmh... don't know how to do this. I've downloaded Voxengo and the impulse files, opened adobe audition and recorded a short track. then I've open the VST plugin manager and tried to load on of those impulse files but I can't see anything. then I've installed Voxengo, unziped one of those impulse files into the Voxengo folder and tried it again but I can't see anything again in AA...

Edit: I can't really good explain things in english so I make it a bit more detailed so maybe one of you can help me out...

1. downloaded Voxengo Pristine Space and the impulse files
2. installed Voxengo
3. openen adobe audition and recorded a short track
4. clicked on effects > VST folder add/remove > opened the installed VST folder > extract impulse file into folder > nothing happens
5. 2nd try > opened the VST setup file directly in adobe > nothing happend again
6. tried to open one of those impulse files > nothing happend
7. gave up

One word: Impulses ;)

Record direct from preamp to soundcard and use a program called Boogex that models amp cabinets and mic placements. You can even model your tone to similar eq characteristics in CoB songs using an EQ analysis plug-in, providing that the guitar is isolated (like in the palm-muting section in You're Better Off Dead).

Ben doesn't mic up a cabinet in his recordings.

Can I have Boogex please? Man I'm such a parasite.. :)

"Reaper" (how fitting for you, Warheart). It is free recording software.

Now, Voxengo Boogex is like a similar thing, or? And where the hell do you get that EQ analysis plug-in?

I think they are the same.

That eq plugin is called CurveEQ.

Can I have Boogex please? Man I'm such a parasite.. :)

It's a plug-in, meaning you need to download "Reaper" (which is what I'm using now) to use them.

Hey mitch I tabbed out a version of every time I die using a mixture of the partial tab you have available and a crappy one from ultimate guitar so that me and my friend can play it (me playing alexi's part, her playing alexander's part).

We really like the live in tuska version, so I tabbed a lot of it similar to the way its played at tuska, specifically the guitar solo.

I can't help but feel like at least one or two notes in that really fast passage is slightly off... the part in measure 85 and 86 (some parts were really hard to hear for me to get it accurate so I guesstimated).

I was wondering if you could take a look and tell me if there is anything that needs to be fixed.

BTW I know the part on the and of 3 at measure 84 isn't how he played it, I just like it that way :)

here's the link to the file:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/f33bub

Thanks a lot :) (btw if anyone else besides mitch wants to look at it feel free :p ).

OH YEAH also the recurring theme that happens at measure 49.... When I watch the video he's clearly at the 7th fret, and he never moves his hand below the 7th fret, and that's all I could tab that sounded right... do you think that's right or does something need to be changed there?

Thanks a lot in advance :D