TAB Thread.

This is off-topic, so I apologize, but I was wondering...

Mitch, how do you like your current setup of playing directly into the computer? It definitely must make recording 100x smoother, but aside from that, what do you think (if you don't mind my asking)?

I'm curious because I was thinking about doing the same thing, since I'm not sure if it'd be better to do that and then just buy a real amp when I can, or buy a smaller practice one (that isn't total crap and super cheap) and wait a bit longer.

Much thanks!

WTF is the point:lol: They coulda just said Drop C tuning. God, who reads these magazines? Idiots?

:lol:

It's just a way of describing the tuning to anyone that doesn't automatically know what CGCFAD is. To kids that have only ever seen EADGBE, it'd seem weird, so they just describe it by saying it's drop D style tuning, with all the strings then dropped a whole step.

This is off-topic, so I apologize, but I was wondering...

Mitch, how do you like your current setup of playing directly into the computer? It definitely must make recording 100x smoother, but aside from that, what do you think (if you don't mind my asking)?

I'm curious because I was thinking about doing the same thing, since I'm not sure if it'd be better to do that and then just buy a real amp when I can, or buy a smaller practice one (that isn't total crap and super cheap) and wait a bit longer.

Much thanks!

It's perfect for me, since I have a cheap practice amp and a karaoke mic. These two combined sounds terrible, so getting an awesome tone straight from the pickup is the best option. Obviously, if I had an awesome amp and a decent mic and whatnot, then that might be the best way to go.

Just look at your price range, decide what you'd make use of more, and then do some searching for reviews and stuff. My personal opinion on the effects thing into the computer is that if you want something quick, cheap and easy, then go for it, 'cause awesome metal tones are achievable.

It's just a way of describing the tuning to anyone that doesn't automatically know what CGCFAD is. To kids that have only ever seen EADGBE, it'd seem weird, so they just describe it by saying it's drop D style tuning, with all the strings then dropped a whole step.

Ah:lol: Gets confusing a little second for people that know what they are talking about:p

It's perfect for me, since I have a cheap practice amp and a karaoke mic. These two combined sounds terrible, so getting an awesome tone straight from the pickup is the best option. Obviously, if I had an awesome amp and a decent mic and whatnot, then that might be the best way to go.

Just look at your price range, decide what you'd make use of more, and then do some searching for reviews and stuff. My personal opinion on the effects thing into the computer is that if you want something quick, cheap and easy, then go for it, 'cause awesome metal tones are achievable.

With the Toneport oyu can achieve anything. So much shit to mess around with, downloadable FX/metal/classic amp/effect packs and all that shit.

They lowered the price of the Toneport UX1 even more. Was 95 EUR when I got it.

Wow, thanks guys. :)

It currently seems like the best thing to do right now, since a friend of mine does have access to a practice space/studio with a bunch of gear and amps to use if I ever really need it. The only real problem would be gigging (which might/hopefully come up soon). The amps aren't exactly my favorite (for metal, particularly), but they are good.

I was thinking about getting the Line6 PoDx3, the new one, but I don't know how it compares to the Toneport...

LOLWUT? The Kawasaki? If so, fucking badass!!! Do you have a motorcycle license?

Nah, that'll be the next one though! :p

But I just stuck with a 125 sport bike for the moment. Clutch control is pissing me off. :lol:

The handlebars were real high when I saw it and it felt comfortable, but I was amazed to see the tech had lowered them like a 600 so I can duck down at high speeds on a straight.

Congrats! :kickass: I would love to get a sport bike one day, but I feel more comfortable driving in a car, and buses seem to be doing me fine for now (back and forth from university) =/

I think your solo changing is wrong in bar 170 last 2 notes and 186/187 is wrong. You should go over it again and compare it with what I have. Also I think that my chorus was correct? I haven't got my guitar here but isn't the 3rd note an F (20th fret) instead of a G?

I think your solo changing is wrong in bar 170 last 2 notes and 186/187 is wrong. You should go over it again and compare it with what I have. Also I think that my chorus was correct? I haven't got my guitar here but isn't the 3rd note an F (20th fret) instead of a G?

I think the chorus is correct this way...

And I'm not sure about 170, but it's Dim - Dim - Emin - Emin, every other tab is saying this but has notes that aren't in these arpeggios.

Bar 186 starts on a D or E, I didn't bother to slow it down more than 50% but I can do it tomorrow and see. I'm pretty sure there's no tapping in it though, he only does that live and does the HDCR tapping lick that he shows on Reap N Roll Licks.

I only did it quick, I'll have another look tomorrow.

Sell some hate me singles:p

But I only have 5! :(

:p