TAB Thread.

Ok, I know that you two work on this, but I hope that you don't mind that I put my 2 cents here. These are my thoughts about the things Arcane mentioned:

Chorus is right Mitch, it's a G, not an F.

Bar 186/187: The version Mitch uploaded is correct here. This is one of these typical licks which ascends in the locrian pattern and descends in the ionian pattern (3 notes per string style). Alexi plays it often and I slowed the recording down to 50%, so I'm pretty sure.

Bar 170 is not easy to transcribe. I think Mitch got everything correct (although I have trouble hearing the last note (F, 12th fret)). BUT I think, although it's not very common to play it like this, that you should try to swap the last two notes of the third Arpeggio (Emin), so that the 16th fret is played before the 17th fret. I know that it's an uncomfortable strink skip with this fingering, but that's what my ears tell me.

Tell me what you think. And great work you two!

mmh.. the last notes in bar 170 are pretty hard to hear... don't know but the more I hear it, the more I hear 13, 12 as the last two notes and it pretty much sounds like a slight in bar 187 ... but without a guitar and headphones I can't say it with 100%

Hey mitch can you tab the beggining of the stone song Missionary of charity?Its just a Eb5 chord but the rythm is really tricky and I was wondering if you or someone else could figure and tab it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey mitch can you tab the beggining of the stone song Missionary of charity?Its just a Eb5 chord but the rythm is really tricky and I was wondering if you or someone else could figure and tab it out.

I don't want to suck up on Mitch, but I say this because a similar thing happened to me last time: Why don't you show the Tabbers here that you really tried to figure it out by yourself, for example by uploading a guitar pro file which contains the riffs you got so far?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waJWZYdAQvw
I don't want to suck up on Mitch, but I say this because a similar thing happened to me last time: Why don't you show the Tabbers here that you really tried to figure it out by yourself, for example by uploading a guitar pro file which contains the riffs you got so far?

I have to agree. Pablo, you often ask requests for all these Stone songs, but it takes time and effort from the tabber, it's too easy to just post and request tabs and expect them done without any work at all. Give it a go, let's see what you've got, and I'll correct it if it needs it. I can give you a hint and say it's in 4/4, using 16th notes as the rhythm with a rest thrown in there.

I'm working on that song too. I got the tab from the first post, it's really good..except there are a few rhythm guitars where there shouldn't be, but I guess he did that for an extra touch.

I'd like to know where these extra guitars are. I don't remember when I tabbed it but I don't usually add rhythm guitars if they're not there. I can correct/edit if necessary.

Kissing The Shadows Solos (CORRECT!!!)

Just a quick update...

ChildrenOfBodom-KissingTheShadowsGuitarSolos

I used Epi's tab to start, but corrected the following:

Bar 6 - A few doubled notes and changed phrasing.

Bar 8 - Put it all in one position so it's now easy to play without shifting.

Bar 11 - Epi tabbed this but it's the only tab that's correct here.

Bars 23/24 - Changed the positioning of this lick.

Bars 25/26 - These are also correct, the only tab that is for this part.

Bar 27 - Changed positioning of the Dmin arp.

Bar 28 - There's no position shift, so the high 'C' note is played with the pinky.

Bar 37 - Changed first note to E.

Bar 38 - The first tab EVER to get this arpeggio correct. It's Emin in 15th position, NOT 12th.

Bar 42 - Same as 38...the 4th arp is diminished, NOT Bmaj.

Bars 45/46 - Changed the positioning of this lick. Slide up to 19, then slide up to 22.

Bar 47 - Corrected positioning of the last 2 beats & added the bend.

Bar 50 - Again, there is no position shift, so the high D is played with the pinky.

All corrections were made by referring to the FTR album version of KTS, and also by watching the song performed live @ Seoul, 2001.

After correcting this much, it's MUCH easier to play now, so I might record a video cover of the solos. :kickass:

I'd like to know where these extra guitars are. I don't remember when I tabbed it but I don't usually add rhythm guitars if they're not there. I can correct/edit if necessary.

I just listened to the original to make sure, and I think I might be mistaken. But what I was referring to was the harmony starting at bar 128. Are you sure that they still have 2 rhythm guitars in there on top of the 2 lead guitars doing the harmony? Henkka's bass has a lot of distortion on it, so maybe what you thought was the rhythm gtr in the background was really his bass?

But I don't know, you're most likely right (better ears, haha). For some reason I always thought they would only have 2 recorded guitars max on their songs because how could they play it live otherwise.

I just listened to the original to make sure, and I think I might be mistaken. But what I was referring to was the harmony starting at bar 128. Are you sure that they still have 2 rhythm guitars in there on top of the 2 lead guitars doing the harmony? Henkka's bass has a lot of distortion on it, so maybe what you thought was the rhythm gtr in the background was really his bass?

But I don't know, you're most likely right (better ears, haha). For some reason I always thought they would only have 2 recorded guitars max on their songs because how could they play it live otherwise.

You could be right about it being Henkka, but actually a lot of bands do that. And with those parts, they just don't play it live, since the really minute harmonies like that can easily be forgotten about in the energy of a live show where all the main parts are there anyway.

In Flames were notorious for that before their most recent albums. They would often have several layers, almost always at least 3, of guitars. But they could never do it all live. That's part of why their sound changed, it's because they wanted to only write what they could do live.

Yeah, I'd say so about the solos, but then again both guitars play the same or 99% the same under the solo so it's no problem if live there's only one guitar to play it. The problem comes with licks that have two different rythm guitars and then the lead lick over, those are nice to record but a bitch to arrange live.

Ok, exams are almost done and I've wanted to do it since a long time ago, so I'm going to give a shot to Kylähullut's Kaapiot and see how it works, but as I pretty much suck at tabbing I'm going to need some help. If you don't mind I'll keep posting what I do and please check it and tell me if it sounds ok or what, will you? :) Oh, and Mitch, if you don't mind I'll just copy your tab for the solo and credit you for it, there's no point on me re-tabing it when it's already done and quite well done, I'll just fuck it up.

@Mitch: Great job man, the tab sounds great :kickass:

Yeah, I know about In Flames having lots of guitars in their early stuff. And it was very beautifully arranged actually. It's a shame they shied away from that old style.
But yeah, this makes sense. have 3 or 4 recorded guitars on the album, and just play the "essential" or basic guitar parts on stage.

That correction to the KTS solo tab is great mitch. Especially the sweep in bar 38... that makes it so much easier.

Do please record a video ^.^

The only thing I didn't like was that I thought it was fast, but I might just not have listened to the song in too long. It just seems like it's flying by so damn fast in the tab.