TAB Thread.

My experience with free slow down progs are bad. They (the ones I used) make the sound very bad, almost like putting reverb on the song, and the tempo sometimes tends to shuffle. I can recommend Amazing Slow Downer like ReaperScythe. That's my favorite one it's really AMAZING.

I used Transcribe! some time ago, but ASD beats it!

lol, I don't know any scale. I have no idea what a minor, major, pentatonic, deminished, whatever scale is :D I just play them and when it sounds good - fine!

Yes! I'm not alone! :lol: But I want to change that, I want to learn scales and keys and all that stuff.

Amazing Slow Downer
but I don't know if it's free or not

Dunno if it's free but I think I have the installer around, can check.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~mp2004/bp/
I have used this for many years. It can slow down/speed up songs, and transpone. It's free. Also limited karaoke functions.

Thanks!

Do you know any good free slowing down programs?

I will try some easier songs in the future but can you tell me if my stone tab is right so far?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xutcpz
Windows media player slows down songs to 50% which is what I use. Personally I don't really find scales all that useful for tabbing and learning songs. Scales are better used to make your own melodies or for soloing. In a lot of songs, Stone especially, there are a lot of out of key notes where it follows mostly a minor key with maybe a flat 5 or something. That's why I think it's better to just try to hear all the notes in your head, then find them on the guitar.

Here is what I have for the Stone tab:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dtqfd3

It's hard to hear that last little lick that's played, but it helps to open up your volume control and pan all sound to one side first, then the other. In most all rock/metal groups there is a different guitar panned right and left. In this particular song the guitars aren't panned that hard left and right, but it still helps.

Yes! I'm not alone! :lol: But I want to change that, I want to learn scales and keys and all that stuff.

dude, me and Corny really tried to help you out with this....but you said it was "too much to read" or something like that. or maybe you didn't have enough time. but the way I see it, if you have time to come on the forum, you have time to learn theory :p

Windows media player slows down songs to 50% which is what I use. Personally I don't really find scales all that useful for tabbing and learning songs. Scales are better used to make your own melodies or for soloing. In a lot of songs, Stone especially, there are a lot of out of key notes where it follows mostly a minor key with maybe a flat 5 or something. That's why I think it's better to just try to hear all the notes in your head, then find them on the guitar.

Well, nearly all of Alexi's solos are shredded modal scales or sweeped triads. Saying that knowing the scales or the basic triads (major, minor and diminished ffs) wouldn't help makes absolutely no sense.

dude, me and Corny really tried to help you out with this....but you said it was "too much to read" or something like that. or maybe you didn't have enough time. but the way I see it, if you have time to come on the forum, you have time to learn theory :p

:lol: Don't get me wrong, I do remember that and I have those posts saved and I have them in mind and do want to learn, but I'm a lazzy asshole and I always end up picking the guitar and not ''studying''. I know the basics though (minor, major, diminished, some really basic chord buidling and a couple of scales), but I want to go further. Just that I'm really lazy and it takes a lot for me to sit down and look at it.

Here is what I have for the Stone tab:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dtqfd3

It's hard to hear that last little lick that's played, but it helps to open up your volume control and pan all sound to one side first, then the other. In most all rock/metal groups there is a different guitar panned right and left. In this particular song the guitars aren't panned that hard left and right, but it still helps.

I'll build on your tab.

Well, nearly all of Alexi's solos are shredded modal scales or sweeped triads. Saying that knowing the scales or the basic triads (major, minor and diminished ffs) wouldn't help makes absolutely no sense.
Knowing them CAN help but I personally think they aren't that useful. I mean if I know a solo is in Emin I can stop and think about all of the possible notes in the scale then find the note being played or I can just find it. I mean the scale narrows it down to at the very least 7 possible notes out of 12 and most the time it's more like 8 or 9 because of things like harmonic minor and other popular notes like flat 5. Mostly I'm just saying you can definitely be a good tabber without knowing scales and also with.

Although what I will agree on is that it is pretty helpful to know common triads and different positions to play them in.

I agree that scales aren't really needed for tabbing.

Personally I spent years studying classical and jazz before getting into metal, so I know my scales and theory inside and out, which certainly helps for writing music and soloing, but it doesn't do anything for tabbing since you're just listening to what note is being played and using a quick trial and error to find what note it is.

Scales I suppose could help for if the note is really quiet/muffled and you can't hear it, so that you could infer with scales what the note probably is, but for getting purely accurate tabs with no guesses scales aren't going to do anything for you. I certainly don't think about scales when I tab.

Can someone send me a link to sets of scales and that? I know my music theory, but I'm lacking on my scales :( As Arcane said, I can play scales, with all the right notes etc, but I do want to expand my knowledge on them!

Can someone send me a link to sets of scales and that? I know my music theory, but I'm lacking on my scales :( As Arcane said, I can play scales, with all the right notes etc, but I do want to expand my knowledge on them!

watttt.jpg