TAB Thread.

Hey guys! I have a question.
When bodom plays Chokehold live Alexi plays a tapping harmony on the keyboard solo.
Anyone know how to play that? I'm having a hard time figuring it out.
thanks!

Come on dude. It isn't that hard. First one is 15-12-10, 2nd 20-15-12, 3rd one 22-17-14, then again 15-12-10 and 20-15-12

on the 2nd one it looks like he is holding his left hand over 12-14-15 and using tap somewhere .. i not sure if he uses three notes on the left hand all the time or not.

Does it matter? :D 14 sounds good, 15 better but it's a live version. ;)

I didn't mean to replace 15 with 14, i meant that he seems to play BOTH.

like 3 notes with this left hand and another note with the tap, and that is the part i have some troubles with figuring out the right notes and the tap notes..
Tried to apply notes to the Chokehold tab aswell, but never got it to sound good :D

I don't get why you want the exact notes. It could be that he's playing one time 17-14-12 and the other time 17-15-12 but as I said... it seems to be a random live solo and I bet Alexi didn't really recognize that he's playing different notes there and as long as the tapping part itself is in the right key - everything's be fine.

It's something like this (don't have my guitar with me and the positions are probably wrong but close enough durp):

qEfM5lC.png

I haven't really watched the video Arcane posted so alexi's probably not using the high B string (Or A in standard D tuning) but I just matched it up with the guitar pro tab of chokehold so at least you get the idea of the positions

I don't get why you want the exact notes. It could be that he's playing one time 17-14-12 and the other time 17-15-12 but as I said... it seems to be a random live solo and I bet Alexi didn't really recognize that he's playing different notes there and as long as the tapping part itself is in the right key - everything's be fine.

Random enough to be pretty much the same for everytime they play it :p

ANYHOW, i think it is something like this:

jnpLARi.png

As he is playing it with the doubletap per sextuplet the same way the keyboard plays it, he has basically no option to play a huge amount of different notes which makes your statement kind of funny, no offense!

I'm not trying to mock, just a question. Your tabbed part looks correct though.

As he is playing it with the doubletap per sextuplet the same way the keyboard plays it, he has basically no option to play a huge amount of different notes which makes your statement kind of funny, no offense!

I'm not trying to mock, just a question. Your tabbed part looks correct though.

Yeah, that's what i meant. And that is also why i was curious about that part, because it is a live thing they do EVERYTIME, and they play it the same everytime.. i looked at a bunch of live-clips from 2004 - 2013 and they still do the same thing. :)