TAB Thread.

I think in Nov 2012 somebody want me to tab the solo for Northers Break Myself Away and sent me a live video where you can see the guitars during the solo. Can the person plz say hello and sent me the link to this video again?

E|---------17-18-20b22r20-----------------------------------------------------
B|-PH18b20---------------20b22r20-18---20-18----------------18-18--------------
G|---------------------------------------19---------19-17--17-19------19---17-19v-
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------19-------
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------

sounded something like this to me, arcane can smoothen the rough edges :D
the key is Dm

Im really not good at tabbing, but it should be something like this:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/isvfhu

its correct.

its for the 100 guitars competition in which you have to film urself playing that part and u can win the prize of being able to paly on stage with alexi.

As cool of a prize it is...why they make the riff so easy? 1000 people are gonna be able to make a look decent so the winner is still gonna be luck based.

tbh even a 2 year guitar player can play this riff...

its correct.

its for the 100 guitars competition in which you have to film urself playing that part and u can win the prize of being able to paly on stage with alexi.

As cool of a prize it is...why they make the riff so easy? 1000 people are gonna be able to make a look decent so the winner is still gonna be luck based.

tbh even a 2 year guitar player can play this riff...

Im picturing a dozen of out of tune guitars playing along to this already

That guitar tone in the first 4 seconds is amazing! The lick itself doesn't need to be tabbed. It's pretty simple even for the worst tabber

Tone in the demo isn't too bad. The other video it sounds like Alexi desperately needs a tube screamer to make the tone less brittle

Hey any of you guys here ever bothered tabbing Vision of Eternal Sorrow? atmosphere in that one is pretty epic

Also, anybody's got a link to a tutorial or something for the whammy technique alexi uses to get that sort of gnarly tremolo sound like at 3:31 here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aflosNu95LQ

I understand you need to quickly pull it up slightly and release it right after but I can't really seem to get anywhere close to that sound when I do it... tips?

Try it the other way. Pull your whammy bar down or just slide over the trem arm. The trem effect is stronger than with less effort. But it's also easy the way you've said it. Just practice it a few minutes.