TAB Thread.

Can you add different instrument through one track, like in GP5? Or will they bring back MIDI instruments? I mean can you use MIDI and RSE at the same time?

anyone have or know where to get santa cruz tabs? shit is tight, no wonder they are one of alexis favorite current bands.

I'm not too much into Santa Cruz, but I discovered Lost Society after playing with Sami Elbana in 100GuitarsFromHel and I was like "Who the fuck is this YOUNG guitar god". First of all these dudes are so down to earth compared to CoB. And their music is so fucking fresh.

Yeah man, Santa Cruz is f*cking amazing! I really like Lost Society too but they aren't as much my style. Discovered them in 2013 and blasted their album the whole summer though! Then thanks to them I discovered Santa Cruz.

so i had to get GP6 (used to have GP4) and i noticed when i play most of the tabs everything is fucked. some instruments will be in wrong tunings, the levels are wacked. anyone else experience this? do i have to manually adjust all the tabs and re-save them now?
and i guess thats a no on the santa cruz tabs...........damn. hopefully someone will eventually step up to the plate. wish i could do it myself.
you would think with the technology we have these days, there would be a program like guitar pro that could listen to a song and automatically tab it instantly.

I got 3

Attachments

• Children of Bodom - Inearthed - Homeland I.gp5
    13.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Children of Bodom - Inearthed - Homeland II.gp5
    12.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Children of Bodom - Inearthed - Talking of the Trees.gp5
    130.4 KB · Views: 14
I'd think too that with guitar pro you should be able to transpose the notes on the instrument depending on which tuning you want. We should have such technology, even the calculator was invented ages ago. Back in the day when I used it it bummed me the hell out when I had different tuning and the fingerings had to be thought out again at the left end.

I'd think too that with guitar pro you should be able to transpose the notes on the instrument depending on which tuning you want. We should have such technology, even the calculator was invented ages ago. Back in the day when I used it it bummed me the hell out when I had different tuning and the fingerings had to be thought out again at the left end.
You can do it in TuxGuitar from the instrument editor. Doubleclick the instrument and you'll see the tuning. If You're in E and the song is in, say, D, click on offset and set it to 2. This will raise everything by two semi-tones while still keeping the notes in the tabs identical to what htey were before.

Well well. What about if you're having some weird tuning with different strings? I guess it will only transpose the standard tuning symmetrically, or?

I don't have any tab program these times. It was a blessing in disguise when I could not open tux guitar. Started digging into theory and practicing by myself.

Well well. What about if you're having some weird tuning with different strings? I guess it will only transpose the standard tuning symmetrically, or?

I don't have any tab program these times. It was a blessing in disguise when I could not open tux guitar. Started digging into theory and practicing by myself.
You can change the tuning too but it has to be done one string at a time so it takes more time. This also changes the notes IIRC so a note on the 5th fret of the low D string will be moved to the 3rd fret if you raise the string's tuning to E.

hey does anyone have a tab for triple corpse hammerblow, the link in the first page doesn't work anymore and its not in the folder of many bodom tabs warheart gave a few pages back

hey does anyone have a tab for triple corpse hammerblow, the link in the first page doesn't work anymore and its not in the folder of many bodom tabs warheart gave a few pages back
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qrcicbcalc5mka1/AACytgbS_eNCRBcEKmD_lVema?dl=0

There you go. If you're a lurker you'll probably recognize Arcane's name (EDIT: Just noticed that it doesn't say Arcane anywhere in the link I gave XD Anyway, that is Arcane's dropbox and all the tabs in it are made by him) as he's been on the forum for years though he hasn't been very active lately. The tab from the original page very likely was made by him and you can find it from the link above (You'll find most of the other tabs from the first page there too. Nearly all of them are made by either Warheart or Arcane).

Last edited: