TAB Thread.

well that is just what i ahve no experience with idk how all that works.
im thinking of going to music school in my afterhours to fill in these gaps, same with guitar shapes etc and scales since i have totally no clue of which these are, so atm i can olay fast and better then the average guitar player in this country, but i want to be better and learn more about the music writing, it will make solos alot easier 2 i think.

Buy a book called Music Theory for Dummies......it will really help you understand the theory behind everything and explains it in a way that's easy to understand.

Best book on music I have ever bought....wish they had it when I first started playing guitar.

Yeah seriously there is no need to go to college or whatever, if you want us here to help you then we can do that or you can find all the info online instead, it's up to you.

Yeah seriously there is no need to go to college or whatever, if you want us here to help you then we can do that or you can find all the info online instead, it's up to you.

thank you that is really generous, problem is that i once started reading up on those things but i just did not understand it, the term root note for example idk if that means its ALWAYS the starting note or whatever, same with shapes, i always encounter something that i do not understand or that i should have learned first.

thank you that is really generous, problem is that i once started reading up on those things but i just did not understand it, the term root note for example idk if that means its ALWAYS the starting note or whatever, same with shapes, i always encounter something that i do not understand or that i should have learned first.

it's the note that sounds most like "home", in a melody it can be the first note of the melody, but it's not necessary. The root note is however the first note in the key that is named after the root note, meaning that every interval in the key is determined by the distance between two notes, one of which is the root and the other is any other note in the scale.

In a chord the root is in most cases the lowest in pitch, if it's not then the chord is an inversion, for instance, the inversion of a C5 chord (which has two notes, C and G) is C5/G, the G is the lowest in pitch.

hope this helps

it's the note that sounds most like "home", in a melody it can be the first note of the melody, but it's not necessary. The root note is however the first note in the key that is named after the root note, meaning that every interval in the key is determined by the distance between two notes, one of which is the root and the other is any other note in the scale.

In a chord the root is in most cases the lowest in pitch, if it's not then the chord is an inversion, for instance, the inversion of a C5 chord (which has two notes, C and G) is C5/G, the G is the lowest in pitch.

hope this helps

great example here :D idk what u mean by pitch :p

Pitch is like how high or low a note is, for example the low E is a lower pitch than the A string cuz it sounds deeper

Also, think of the root as the roots of a plant, it's basically just the main note of whatever key/chord you're playing, and the pedals are the rest of the notes in the key/chord that determine it's emotion. You should DEFINITELY learn the notes in music first, cuz without that almost everything you read will sound like gibberish :lol:

In Polish root note is called something like the prime. So imagine this is it:
optimus_prime_transformers_dark_of_the_moon-normal.jpg

:D

In Polish root note is called something like the prime. So imagine this is it:
optimus_prime_transformers_dark_of_the_moon-normal.jpg

:D

trololololol :rofl:

btw anyone notice, I havent seen anyone do the 2nd solo of TCH :p not even mitch and arcane(he doesnt een have normal cover of song)

so im kinda up for it :p

also been thinking of doin a All twisted Cover but im afraid i wont live up to the bar that arcane has laid down :rofl:

btw thanx for telling me those little things about notes

this is what became of the little cover

lemme know what you think, if good feel free to leave a positive comment :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this weird thing when i try to load the links, it's so weird ! like endless question mark series, i'm using mac, is it my computer or just the Safari browser ??

hey, i remember watching the in your face alexi laiho guitar dvd at my friends house and on one lesson he was playing the melody of ''follow the reaper'', the melody starts at like 1:23, and was playing it a cool way. so i was wondering if anyone can provide me with tabs of the way he was playing from that lesson.

hey, i remember watching the in your face alexi laiho guitar dvd at my friends house and on one lesson he was playing the melody of ''follow the reaper'', the melody starts at like 1:23, and was playing it a cool way. so i was wondering if anyone can provide me with tabs of the way he was playing from that lesson.

I have the DVD but LOL i cannot find the song inthere
you sure its the in your face DVD ?
maybe the lesson is named differently

I have the DVD but LOL i cannot find the song inthere
you sure its the in your face DVD ?
maybe the lesson is named differently

yeah i am pretty sure it is the in your face dvd, but yeah it probably does not have ''follow the reaper'' in the lesson title.

yeah i am pretty sure it is the in your face dvd, but yeah it probably does not have ''follow the reaper'' in the lesson title.

well figure out where and what lol

btw. the melody to follow the reaper is actually 2 melodies over eachother....both played differently..so check out the tab u might have overlooked it on another track.

just sayin

I know which one you're talking about, it is in the In Your Face DVD. He was playing his white guitar on a beanbag chair right? If so then yeah it does exist, but I just looked on youtube and almost all the lessons from that DVD were removed. The way he plays them is in the tab on the first page though

E: I think it was called Harmony Section