TAB Thread.

I really dont know how u can do this easily in just one or two days.
New Bodom stuff is mostly copy & paste. Once you've figured out the verse and chorus parts, you almost had 80% of the song done.

When you take a look at the song structure of SK, COTN, PMS or most of the songs of the first 3 albums, there's hundrets of different parts. Now ypu've got the intro which is basically the verse, a repetitive chorus and maybe a bridge. That's all.

Edit: Is everything working in the tab?

Reactions: Inceptionist
While I agree that the song structures are really simple now, I think that it's a bit more than a simple copy/paste. Every now and then, in a riff/lick. you'll have a small change, whether be it an extra note/rhythm changes/harmonics/etc.

For example, I started tabbing Hecate's Nightmare and the palm-muting/accent pattern changes a lot throughout the song. And while the riff is the same, it's still a lot of work to get the tab right.

Of course there are changes from time to time, but the basic structure doesn't change. When theres a rhythm part excisting of an A,B,C and D, then that part doesn't change at all. There are some different p.m.s hammer on/pull of's, harmonics or 1 or 2 extra notes but the main pattern is the same. That makes it really easy nowadays to tab any Bodom song.

You tab one part, copy it, paste it 4 times in a row and the all you have to do is, to listen to again, if there are some extra little things here'n there. Voila - half of the song is done.

I'm happy (as a tabber) that there aren't songs like BBT anymore. The structure here is:

Intro - Verse - some filler thing - pre-chorus - chorus - post chorus - verse - bridge - solo - pre-chorus - chorus - intro - outro.

That's 8 different parts + solo

Now it is (when I take Hexed as an example):

Intro/verse (both are the same) - classic thing - verse - classic thing - chorus - short filler - verse - chorus - short filler - solo - classic thing - chorus.

So all in all 3,5 different parts + solo

Or UGAC:

Intro - Verse - Intro - Verse - Chorus (which is almost the same as the intro part) - bridge - solo - bridge - intro - chorus - bridge

Thats 4 different parts of which 2 are almost the same, so 3 different parts + solo. And there is NO single change in a note. This is 100% copy and paste.

Reactions: TheKid
Yeah, the new songs are quickly learned. The riffs are pretty simple technically and the structure of the songs is too. Like you said, definitely wasn't the case with the older stuff, those were a bitch to figure out some times! This Road, for example, you can figure out the riffs within the length of one playthrough, they’re nothing crazy.

I've made a quick attemp for Hexed. See if this works for you, because I made it with GP 7 but always get some errors when I export it in a GP5 compatible file...

The tab is in drop C, as my guitar is in drop C. You can change the tuning to drop B by yourself.

Edit: The tab should contain 3 guitar tracks and 2 tracks for keys.

Thanks for the GP5 version!

Updated my tabs for Soon Departed. Added Keyboards to the missing parts, tweaked the volume on all track to match the original song and made a few improvements here and there.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00098541051624926786

Let me know what you think.

Also, it would be great if someone felt like adding the drums as this is something I really have no idea how to do.

I felt like adding drums to the tab. Drums are really simple in this song though.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=85176640902861523225

Have fun. :)

Reactions: Sany
Nice to see so many people contributing and helping out with tabs this time.

The intro/verse part in my hexed tab is completely wrong (I guess). I recorded it today and will upload an updated version of the tab tomorrow.

I’ve seen Daniels video on Instagram but I think it’s way too complicated the way he plays it... I always tab things the way I would play them (or how I actually play them).

Reactions: Timmsy123 and MPH
Reactions: MPH
I used some tabs I got from this thread. Crazy how far back this tab thread goes. I didn't realize how fun CoB songs were to play. I'm definitely going to start posting some covers.

Reactions: <Arcane> and rj rl