Tad Morose

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
As a sponsor of Tad Morose this year I was very proud of the boys and how they delivered on Friday. All I heard after their set and into Saturday and Sunday was how awesome they were. They were backstage after their set almost in tears guys. They've only played Milwaukee Metalfest. They had absolutely NO IDEA the crowd response was going to be like that. You guys that were there saw their smiling faces during the set. What I want to know is your guys feelings on their set and if you met them personally and your experiences. I will most probably use your stories on my site. Whew, Tad Morose rules. Bryant was right!

Tad Morose Put on a Asskicking Show! and they were very cool to meet :) They were Very very veeeeeery Nice guys! ..... Oh and Hoyt! it was great to meet you too its always nice to meet a fellow Overkill Freak!!!!!!!

Tad Morose was definitley the power-house surprise for many this year. Their energy just enveloped the crowd pulling the place into a frenzy. I loved their music before the show, but was blown away by the live performance!:worship:

At one point, I was getting ready to pick up 2 more of their cd's and got called away form the vendors. An hour later there were none to be found!!!!

Special thanks to all the guys for being so cool backstage, epecially Urban for the long chats and Peter for the hilarious party antics. Can't wait to see you guys again!! We'll be sure to get your stuff in heavy rotation on the radio and the station greeting to the fans will be up this week.

Stay Heavy!:headbang:

After their set, I saw Urban walking around for a while. So I walked up to him, shook his hand and told him my exact feelings. I had NEVER even heard of Tad Morose before PPV, even though I have worked closely with one of the MetalFest promoters on other shows. I'm a very hard to please person when it comes to music.

I was BLOWN AWAY by Tad Morose. They kicked my ass up one side and down the other. I told that to Urban, at that point I thought he was going to cry tears of joy. He was so kind and took the time to talk to everyone. He didn't have a rock star ego. He hung out and partied with us at the Fairfield Inn.

After their set, I went out and bought 2 Cds. I fucked LOVED IT and have not been able to take their CD out of my player since I got home on Sunday afternoon.

Great band with no egos- Can't go wrong! Bring Back Tad Morose!

-MetalRose

JonnyD said:
Tad Morose Put on a Asskicking Show! and they were very cool to meet :) They were Very very veeeeeery Nice guys! ..... Oh and Hoyt! it was great to meet you too its always nice to meet a fellow Overkill Freak!!!!!!!

Thanks! it was great meeting you as well. Stay in touch. And you're right: what an ass-kicking show!

What was even more cool was standing near the back of the floor crowd during the 'Taj Mahal set, and realizing that Urban was standing right next to me. LOL He was enjoying Jon's music just as much as everyone else. What a great bunch of guys - Tad Morose - all of 'em!. :worship:

I agree, one of the best performances of the show, along with Brainstorm and Edguy, and definately my 'surprise' band. I'd heard of them, and kept meaning to buy a CD, but didn't get around to it before the show. Then I meant to buy a CD there, but when I got there Saturday, they were sold out of the new one! So I'll have to order it, but I can deal with that. I have so many other bands to check out now too, with apprenticing at the metal show at WTUL and all. But awesome stuff, Urban is a great guy, from the little I talked to him. I saw him around EVERYWHERE though, kinda cool. I need a leather jacket like he was wearing.

Please don't put Edguy in the same category of ass-kick as Tad MOrose. TM was simply heads above most of the performances that weekend. My only exceptions would have been Brainstorm, PoS, Wuthering Heights and Kamelot.
Edguy was the PP equivilent of Winger. So 80's cliche' it's embarrassing. For those of you who aren't old enough to remember how bad the 80's really were.

ThXinc said:
Please don't put Edguy in the same category of ass-kick as Tad MOrose. TM was simply heads above most of the performances that weekend. My only exceptions would have been Brainstorm, PoS, Wuthering Heights and Kamelot.
Edguy was the PP equivilent of Winger. So 80's cliche' it's embarrassing. For those of you who aren't old enough to remember how bad the 80's really were.
Pssht, the Edguy show was funny as hell. Any performance that makes me laugh as much as as that, and enjoy the hell out of the music is cool in my book.

But Brainstorm stole the show, even from TM. I was actually dissapointed by WH. They sound so much better on the CD than they did live. I still love their music, but I would have liked to have actually heard it ;-) Kamelot came off a little flat too, but still cool.

TM was the best band there besides Brainstorm. I've never been a huge fan of TM, but I really was starting to enjoy their new CD in prep for PPV, and I can honestly say that they are one of current favorite bands now, they just blew me away. I'm not the most outgoing person in the world when it comes to talking to band guys cause I always think to my self "what could I honestly say to him that he hasn't heard a million times already" so I usually just seek out the ones I want to shake hands wiht and say "great show man, thanks for coming". When I did that to Urban he actually sat down next to me and spent a good 5 mins. or so just talking to me about metal and their show. It was a truly humbling experience. Andy from BS took about as much interest in me later as well. Those 2 bands have a new diehard fan for life right here.

Tad Morose was indeed awesome, and if anyone saw them in NYC on the 15th knows what I'm talking about. It was just as good of a show as the one in Progpower, and I became I big TM fan... Hope to see them again soon in the US!

Tad Morose was easily one of the biggest surprises in a weekend-full of surprises for me! I had never heard of Tad Morose before their set-time and I wish to God I had heard of them when they came on! They played with an intense energy and joy for the music that is rarely seen in bands nowadays. Tad Morose blew me away, I will definitely be adding their CD's to my collection very, very soon.

I only had an opportunity to briefly meet the lead singer whose name now escapes me because I'm terrible with names. He greeted me warmly and listened intently to everything I had to say and then thanked me. We need MORE BANDS like this that have members that actually care about their fans and take time to hang out and listen to them.

Thanks for being part of an incredible weekend, TM, you guys have a great, great future ahead of you!

The SwordLord
SwordLord2003@aol.com

ThXinc said:

:rolleyes: My pet peave in life is people that can't begin to fathom and can't respect any opinion that is different from theirs. If my opinion is different than yours, are you so insecure that you have to lash out with ridicule and instructions on how I should BELIEVE?? Don't tell me what my opinion is. Don't tell me to change it to agree with yours. Don't tell me what I should like. Tell me you disagree with my opinion, but don't tell me what to think.

Have a nice day,
Chris

I

They were absolutely awesome! Easily the best set on Friday. I had not listened to much of their material up until PPV, and I didn't really know what to expect. Blew me away!

Tad Morose... What a great show!! I was so pleased with the set list, especially when they included Cyberdome and Where the Sun Never Shines (the TM best song of all time!). They guys were really cool, esp. Urban. I was telling him how I loved Undead and the cover, and he says "Oh yeah?" He signed my booklet and writes "I painted this!" He says, "yeah I painted it." ONE talented guy, and nice as hell to boot. I was expecting someone more gruff, since that is the most heavy metal name ever (Urban Breed) but he was totally normal and nice. Definetly want them to come back!!

SavaVIDude said:
:rolleyes: My pet peave in life is people that can't begin to fathom and can't respect any opinion that is different from theirs. If my opinion is different than yours, are you so insecure that you have to lash out with ridicule and instructions on how I should BELIEVE?? Don't tell me what my opinion is. Don't tell me to change it to agree with yours. Don't tell me what I should like. Tell me you disagree with my opinion, but don't tell me what to think.

Have a nice day,
Chris

I

DAMN RIGHT!

Brent

The_Q said:
As a sponsor of Tad Morose this year I was very proud of the boys and how they delivered on Friday. All I heard after their set and into Saturday and Sunday was how awesome they were. They were backstage after their set almost in tears guys. They've only played Milwaukee Metalfest. They had absolutely NO IDEA the crowd response was going to be like that. You guys that were there saw their smiling faces during the set. What I want to know is your guys feelings on their set and if you met them personally and your experiences. I will most probably use your stories on my site. Whew, Tad Morose rules. Bryant was right!

This year was undoubtedly the best PP that I have attended, having gone to PPII and PPIV as well. Jon Oliva (my hero) and the rest of his guys were so friendly. We talked repeatedly both nights and got all the autographs and hand shakes any progfan could ask. I normally attend with a close friend of mine, but this year we brought our brothers along for the experience of their lives! As for Tad Morose, well they went above and beyond. While my brother-in-law was getting their autographs they didnt have enough pens to go around so he gave them one and they gave him a pick signed by the band. We all talked to Urban repeatedly as well as the other guys. Again all were very friendly. Urban told my brother-in-law that in their country the radio stations sucked too, so they have t-shirts that say "The Radio Sucks". My friend e-mails Dreamscape regularly, and Roland was like our best friend. I would like to thank all the vendors for having such incredible selections, as I bought some _uckin' awsome cds. And especially Ken Golden for Psychotic Waltz (I bow to you!). But last of all thanks to Harvestor himself for all the reasons we know. Thanks!