Tad Morose

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Ok this thread goes out to BRYANT and JOHNNY D (and whoever else likes 'em). I have read you two guys' posts on TAD MOROSE for months now and all y'all do is brag one 'em. So now I'm curious....what/who do they sound like and would I like 'em? Johnny D, you know my style...it's gotta have some chunk and no "cookie monster" vocals. As a reference point I'll say that EDGUY - KING OF FOOLS and ELECTRIC HELLFIRE are right up my alley....is TAD MOROSE anything like that????? Be proud of me, Bryant, I may just break down and buy this one!
ted

You know, that's the coolest thing about Tad Morose...they just sound like Tad Morose. It definitely has an 80s feel to it, but I find it hard to actually name an 80s band they sound like. It's really heavy upper mid-tempo, with a very punchy production, but there is very little, if any, superfast reptitive double-bass drumming (common with what's considered "power metal" nowadays) and absolutely ZERO grunting or growling. It's nothing like Edguy, which is a much faster tempo.

If you're interested, I can arrange to have a couple of songs available to you; just PM me.

Tad Morose to me is nothing quite like a traditional Stratovarius power metal band. They are darker and more moody. They are very heavy and their songs are just pure brilliant. If I were to compare their sound to something I would say W.A.S.P. (Headless Children/Crimson Idol) meets early 80's Savatage and an awesome kick ass sound of their own for good measures. This is a band that I hope everyone will check out. Their latest release Modus Vivendi is absolutely amazing and the one before that Matters of the Dark is just as good. No cookie monster vocals here. If you like Blackie Lawless you will like Urban Breed.

tedvanfrehley said:
Ok this thread goes out to BRYANT and JOHNNY D (and whoever else likes 'em). I have read you two guys' posts on TAD MOROSE for months now and all y'all do is brag one 'em. So now I'm curious....what/who do they sound like and would I like 'em? Johnny D, you know my style...it's gotta have some chunk and no "cookie monster" vocals. As a reference point I'll say that EDGUY - KING OF FOOLS and ELECTRIC HELLFIRE are right up my alley....is TAD MOROSE anything like that????? Be proud of me, Bryant, I may just break down and buy this one!
ted
TEDVANMOTHERFUCKINFREHLEY!!! Go git yerself some Tad Morose You will wonder Why they The fuck you Hadnt once you Hear em ... as these guys have Said They have a certain Mid Tempo HEAVY powermetal sound you cant really compare them to Edguy But they are just as good ...(At Progpower TM blew Edguy off the Stage) But go get Modus/Matters/Undead and if you like them Check out their Older stuff the album "Leaving the Past Behind" to be exzact that one is more of a Prog record and Urban Breed doesnt do the Vocals on it .... TED GET SOME TAD MOROSE YOU WILL FALL IN FUCKING LOVE!!!!
Jonah_Bryant_AndUrban.jpg

JonnyD, Bryant, and Urban Breed of Tad Morose
I love that Pic!

Tad Morose isnt has Bubbly and Happy as Edguy they are waaaaaaaaaay more Serious .... I would love to See a Tour With Edguy, Tad Morose, And Symphorce .. that would be a Hell of a show

I aint never heard Stratovarus .. Tho I did see their singer do some songs with Edguy at Progpower ... I have read a thousand Mixed reviews .. I dont know whether to check em out or not

JD check out Stratovarius, I don't know why people have it out for them, nor do I care. I think they are a very good band. Just what the fuck is a Tad Morose anyway?
Can you tell methis?!
Really the only thing that these guys have in common with Edguy is
that they are in the top five for worst metal band names....

A tad morose means a bit morbid.

Anywho, yeah Stratovarius is one of my favorite bands in the world. I just find them very different from Tad Morose. Strato kicks ass and if you wanna check out some albums by them you gotta nail Episode, Visions, and Destiny. ALSO, an earlier album... Twilight Time is just amazing. They just reunited and are back together. I have a real good feeling they will play ProgPower this year.

tedvanfrehley said:
ted
Ha ha ha... I agree with Sixx in the fact that they sound nothin like Edguy, but they sound nothing like Stratovarious either. The vocals to me sound like a cross between Mike Howe of Metal Church and Ronnie Dio/Tony Martin of Sabbath. Musically, they have the late 80's power metal sound similar to Metal Church I suppose, though they don't really "remind" me of them in that way. That's about as close as I can call them. It's power metal, but it has some thrash influences. Some power metal bands tend to overdue the double bass drums and just piound on them through half the songs. The drummer of Tad Morose may be their most talented member and though he does his share of double bass, he is very tasteful and there is plenty of tempo changes in the songs to keep them from being monotonous. The one thing about them that IS typical power metal is their strong backing vocals, but that is a good thing. They do harmonies at a very high level and it adds a lot to their sound.
The production is very clear and each instrument is fairly well represented especially considering they offer a twin guitar attack. The production is very deep and it surrounds the listener.
Their distributirs offer a download of a complete song on their website from their last three releases. www.centurymedia.com Simply click on enter, then bands, then current roster and scroll to Tad Morose and you will see their info and downloads.
Ted I can't promise anyone they will like anything I recommend them, but I will say that I probablly single-handedly turned 15 people into fans of this band from different message boards. I would start with the latest and work my way backwords if you like it to Matters of the Dark, then Undead.
The bottom line of why I like this band so much is because they simply sound good, heavy and very catchy and I love the vocalist, twin guitar work (that has punch) and drumwork as well as songs that have strong hooks. They also don't sound like anyone else. If you have a file sharing program, you can PM me and maybe I can send you an mp3 or two of this band.

Bryant

sixxswine said:
That's your opinion, but in the end they are still a light weight...:D
Sixx I respect everyone's opinions (yes even yours :heh:) but light weight is not an adjective that fits TM at all. If they were any faster or heavier, they would be a thrash band. If you don't like them touche' my brother, but light weight, they are far from.

Bryant