Tad Morose's official statement about Urban's split - and asking for help :)

Squeak

Photo Mistress
"As many of you already know, Urban Breed is no longer in the band. He has posted his thoughts about this on the Tad Morose forum. I can't see how he could have continued in the band either. We wish hom all the best in the future.
The recording of our next album will be delayed due to this, but we are looking for a new singer and we got some interesting names already. We will start the audition after the holidays.
If you think you are the right person, drop us an email ans we'll take it from there.

Heavy X-mas and a Metal New Year to all of you!
Cheers!
Krunt"

Thought this ought to get posted here as well as posting it on the Tad Morose myspace page. :hotjump:

I really do wish the guys the best of luck in replacing Urban ... that wont be easy! but I look forward to hearing who they get :) Being a fan of all Tad Morose From "Leaving the Past Behind" to "Modus Vivindi" I cant wait to hear it :D

lucretia96 said:
you are wrong about lack of power/range.

I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, just "in my humble opinion (IMHO)". I also wasn't saying you're wrong, although you insist that I am wrong. No one is wrong, it's just their own thoughts. Do not yell at me for it. I also did not say he doesn't have power or range, but not the TYPE of power/range that Tad Morose needs.

Squeak said:
I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, just "in my humble opinion (IMHO)". I also wasn't saying you're wrong, although you insist that I am wrong. No one is wrong, it's just their own thoughts. Do not yell at me for it. I also did not say he doesn't have power or range, but not the TYPE of power/range that Tad Morose needs.

i love falconer, but, i agree with squeak...i dont think hed fit tad.

I still say they could see if Chity Lanka (Chitral Somapala) is interested. His work with Firewind was excellent. He is one of the few vocalists I think could cover Urban's stuff.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I still say they could see if Chity Lanka (Chitral Somapala) is interested. His work with Firewind was excellent. He is one of the few vocalists I think could cover Urban's stuff.

Bryant
I agree with you on Chity being a great fit for Tad Morose. His work with Firewind is very good, and I am totally digging his latest effort in a project band called Red Circuit. Bryant .. the Red Circuit - Trance State is right up your alley. It reminds a lot of a more straight forward Vanden Plas and "Flow Era" Conception w/Chity doing an excellent job on vox. It's still somewhat proggy like VP, but it's a compact disc ...10 tunes 43 minutes. Also, Stephen Lill is involved in this project .. so it's no suprise their is a VP vibe. Chity's vocals remind me of a mix of Urban and Andy Kuntz. He'd be a phenomenal choice for TM.

Britt

DarkTide said:
I agree with you on Chity being a great fit for Tad Morose. His work with Firewind is very good, and I am totally digging his latest effort in a project band called Red Circuit. Bryant .. the Red Circuit - Trance State is right up your alley. It reminds a lot of a more straight forward Vanden Plas and "Flow Era" Conception w/Chity doing an excellent job on vox. It's still somewhat proggy like VP, but it's a compact disc ...10 tunes 43 minutes. Also, Stephen Lill is involved in this project .. so it's no suprise their is a VP vibe. Chity's vocals remind me of a mix of Urban and Andy Kuntz. He'd be a phenomenal choice for TM.

Britt

Yeah Andy even co-produced the album. It has very much of a VP feel to it judging by the one sample I heard. That CD is high on my "to buy" list. I didn't know you were familiar with Firewind. Chity absolutely rips on that one despite being a little low in the mix.

Bryant

If Kristoffer or Chity were to join the band, I'd welcome them definitely of course, regardless of what I believe at the moment. For all I know, someone like Kristoffer could completely change styles to adapt to a new band. Chity is an awesome vocalist and I like pretty much any band he's sang for (Faro is indeed cool as well as Firewind and the rest), but I don't know if he personalities would work together or not. Not sure if the band is willing to have someone who lives outside of the country either (aka not moving to Sweden or something). Who knows, but I posted an update on a new thread... we shall soon find out!

lucretia96 said:
How about Faro and Avalon? anything really good or nothing special?

The Faro is very mellow and isn't up everyone's alley. If you dig melodic stuff you might like it.

As far as Avalon goes, "Eurasia" is an absolute masterpiece. Excellent disc and highly recommended.

Bryant

Squeak said:
If Kristoffer or Chity were to join the band, I'd welcome them definitely of course, regardless of what I believe at the moment. For all I know, someone like Kristoffer could completely change styles to adapt to a new band. Chity is an awesome vocalist and I like pretty much any band he's sang for (Faro is indeed cool as well as Firewind and the rest), but I don't know if he personalities would work together or not. Not sure if the band is willing to have someone who lives outside of the country either (aka not moving to Sweden or something). Who knows, but I posted an update on a new thread... we shall soon find out!

I seriously doubt Chity would want to move to Sweden. I haven't talked to him in.... well probably a couple of years or more, but I am assuming he is still married and his wife is German. I wish I knew a Swedish vocalist that would fit Tad Morose and I would certainly name him, but Chity is the only available vocalist I am aware of that I feel could do justice to Tad Morose's back catalog. I am sure there is some guy out there less known that would fit well well, but I don't know very many people in Sweden. :erk:
Anyway..... good luck with your search. Looks like by your other post you may have a good idea of who the new singer will be. I am interested in who this is. Good luck guys !!

Bryant