Tagtgren's PAIN. Great musicians, great producer

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
Any fan of this band?
I do prefer what he does in PAIN than HIPOCRISY. I listened to PAIN for the first time a copule of years ago and now I am addicted to his music (I used to be a powermetal narrow minded supporter)
I think he is one of the best producers in metal nowadays.
Does anybody knows what the fuck did he use for the recording of "Dancing With The Dead" album?

I've got the Ltd. Ed. which includes a DVD which shows him in the studio but there's not much to see. 5150 is on the record along with a Mesa Recto if I remember right. He uses Pro Tools and he has some NS10s on his board. I like the third record a lot even though the name doesn't come to my mind now... %)

Yeah, that one's on the third album
*walks into bedroom to finally look up the album title*
It's called "Nothing remains the same". Strings are great on this on, afaik they are real ones btw.
There were rumours that he was gonna record a whole album of Beatles Covers. Didn't hear anything about that for a long time now unfortunetally...

That's it, now that you said it it came to my mind again: Sansamp. That's the second amp on Dancing With The Dead. Afaik Peter used it live also occasionally. But I think it was used as a standalone not in front of the 5150.

I'm not a big fan of Hypocrisy or Pain, but his other project, Bloodbath, rocks my socks. The production on Nightmares Made Flesh represents the ultimate metal album tone to me. It's simply perfect - and combine that with top quality songs :)

^true.
Only saw pictures of the girl band though... When I saw him live Horgh of (then) Immortal was playing the drums and some other Metal fellas were doing the remaining instruments. Peter was only singing. He's a nice guy by the way.

the album featuring "shut your mouth" song is amazing
peter is genius
really great musician and producer
i didnt know he used gt2, i own it and i liked it alot
cool

They will do some touring starting in February. I don't know where though, but the bassplayer is the one in Clawfinger. My band there is ;)
Your band is Clawfinger and your bassplayer will play on the next PAIN tour or what? :loco:
If so, 1st were are the chicks from Peters live band then and 2nd go ask your bassist where the tour is going!