Tainted Studio is now officially a company

I finally bit the bullet and registered Tainted Studio as a company. Even though my business activity is minimal at the moment, I got fed up of the payment difficulties, and to be honest, the final spark came from a live gig where the band wanted to make things really difficult for me and a friend who I did the gig with. Now the client doesn't have to worry about the taxes and I can just send them a bill of the settled amount with my company ID on it and we're all set.

That being said, I've still got a week free for any mixing jobs and might squeeze in some small jobs in June and July, so let me know if you're in need of demo mixing etc. :D

Thanks Jevo!

Nope, I took the minimal option, so I'm only paying 65€ to get the name registered and protected, and of course the monthly company taxes based on my estimate on the annual profit. And now I can put all the gear I buy into tax deductions, woo! :D

taking word from my roommate, the fact that you have to send empty letters to the tax bureau sucks balls.

taking word from my roommate, the fact that you have to send empty letters to the tax bureau sucks balls.

...if you're paying VAT and making no money, then yes, you have to report once a month even if there's nothing to report. Not a big deal, though, and if the company's income is less than 8500€ a year (like in my case as long as I'm a student, anyway), the whole VAT circus is optional.

And thanks, everybody! :)