xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
scene opens: NYC, January 31st, 2004
destination: Boston to ring in the New Year
method of travel: Lucky Star Express Chinatown bus, 10:00 AM ticket reserved

after getting en route around 10:20, my friend Jenna and I awoke in our seats at 11:30 to find the bus stopped at a rest stop along I-95 in Milford, CT. we got some coffee and hurried back out to find...

THE BUS WAS BROKEN AND WOULD NOT START.

the non-Anglophone driver fiddled with it for an hour and a half before calling anyone, and we were told "a bus will be dispatched (from NYC) in about two hours)". meaning that even if they weren't exaggerating (they were, i'm sure) there was MAYBE a chance we'd get to Boston by midnight.

the passengers were furious. a Jamaican lady had a wedding to get to and kept yelling, obviously thinking she was "taking charge", and began to direct abuse at the Chinese girl who was translating for us (she was a passenger, but the Jamaican lady assumed she was a Chinatown bus employee).

Jenna and I said "fuck that" and made some phone calls. we hooked up with this very nice girl named Ashley who had recently moved to NYC from Boston and who was going to the Pill party (she knew several of the same people I did from shows/parties so I guess nowadays she would be called "scene") and took a $18 cab to the New Haven train station.

my dad was dropping Toby off there for a train to NYC, so we met up with them and hooked a ride back to Meriden with my dad. Jenna comandeered her sister's car and we sped to Boston in an hour and a half, arriving at 6pm!

fuck Lucky Star! but we MADE IT HAPPEN.