Tama Iron Cobra Beater options

Fuck those wooden beaters...

the wood slab is glued on there... guess what happened to me after playing on them for awhile?

Get the rubber Tama's if you want more punchiness.

J

I have the Janus ergo pedal (mapex) for those who don't know you should check them out they have alot more options than iron cobra (not knocking tama good shit) for customizing things like strap or chain driven, raised foot plate (really nice feature), velcro or no velcro (removable plates) exstra slip spike strip, plastic or felt beaters (felt yuck).

i just bought my iron cobras yesterday, and the guy who i bought them from reccomended DW hardcore beaters. they're felt, but they have an adjustable plastice center for clickyness. i haven't tried them myself, but i'm thinking of getting them, because these beaters are all themp and barely any attack.

HexTheNet said:
Fuck those rubber beaters...

Wood sounds better anyday. Danmar ones are nice.

Its that thick hockey puck style rubber... dont know if you were paying any fucking attention here, but, I wouldnt have a problem with the wooden cobras, if they werent just cheaply glued on, and fall the fuck off.

Gotta love the newbs.

OzNimbus said:
Just switched over to the Tama Iron Cobra plasitc beaters. REAL nice with a yellow Falam Slam pad on your skin.

-0z-

Havent checked accessories in ages... didnt even know those were around.

J the TyranT said:
Its that thick hockey puck style rubber... dont know if you were paying any fucking attention here, but, I wouldnt have a problem with the wooden cobras, if they werent just cheaply glued on, and fall the fuck off.

Gotta love the newbs.

And I was talking about sound in general. I think wood or plastic beaters sound the best from my experience so I was reccomending those to Beechstudio. I didn't reccomend that he got the wooden cobras either. There are a lot of options for other good wooden beaters, like Danmar. You need to calm down bro...