Iron Cobra double pedal

Satori

Destructosaur
May 2, 2001
.. from grey to black
Visit site
I just felt like saying that I bought a new double pedal today, a Tama Iron Cobra (strap driven, I'm not a fan of chains, too machanical). After playing with it for a while I decided it was one of the best purchases I've ever made. Silky smooth, tight, and it has a really wicked feel. I'm sure after a few weeks when I'm really used to it I'll like it even more.

If anyone out there in Toronto is looking for a double pedal you can have my crappy old Dixon! It sucks and I think I'm going to eventually just throw it in the recycling, hehe. So if you want it, it's yours!

Satori

Originally posted by Sacrificulus
How much did you pay from it??

It wasn't cheap, about $375 US with tax. They actually had kits (just the shells) that were cheaper than this pedal.

It's something I've wanted for years so I didn't mind spending the cash too much, and I know it's something that will last a lifetime.

Satori

the drummer in my band uses that pedal...he says the slipknot drummer uses it as well (he's not a fan of slipknot)

he tells me he wants to get this dualist thingy...it's basically a single pedal with two beaters on it

btw...why does everyone call double pedal "double clicking" or somethin? it really annoys me for some reason

My drummer uses a Pearl Eliminator double bass pedal, and from what I can tell it's a very good. I don't know if any of you tried this one out though.

yea i got a pacific DW double bass pedal. its alright i guess. it gets the job done but i want another one. what would be even better is if i got two double bass's instead of a pedal. i want to look old school :) :lol: . I would want it though. I need a new set anyhow because i cant move my toms closer together because of how the stupid thing is built and its really hard to do fast rolls. I lack money however to buy a new one.

Uff.. i'm left-handed, i've searched everywhere a left-handed iron-combra.. my reseller told me an increbile price :mad:and at the end i didnt buy it... uff...
btw, i've got a Mapex drumset... Saturn Pro.. now i want to buy china cymbal.. have you got it? i love how it sounds... :)

Originally posted by warsofwinter
Seeing we are on the topic of drums ,, when I pass this term my parents said they will buy me a set of drums ,,but they will only spend 3 grand( well it is alot so ) ,, anyway , what would be a good set to buy ( double-bass) for 3 grand canadian ?

In Newfoundland you won't get nearly as much for your 3 grand as you would in Toronto, but then you'd have to pay to ship it over there and shit. I had mine shipped from newfieland, it was something like 250 bucks.

The kit you get should be determined by what you want to do with it. If you want to play metal with them then get something thick and heavy sounding (tamas are great for metal). Stick with Zildjuan cymbals, the really project and cut through and they are usually much better for the money.

It's all a matter of personal preference though. Try to go somewhere with lots of selection and knowledgeable staff where they let you try shit out (there's probably no where like that in corner brook I imagine). If you plan to come to toronto, let me know and we'll go shopping, there's 3 places around with here with a fucking massive selection and really really nice shit. ;)

Satori

I'm a big fan of the strap drive on bass pedals. I never thought of this before I talked to the guy at the store about it, but my fav pedal up until this iron cobra was an old cheaper tama strap driven pedal, it had a feel unlike the chain ones I've tried. The strap has a little bit of flexibility to it and it gives it a very warm and organic feel and (I think) adds to the bouncy effect make it more effort less to do quick doubles.

I think a chain drive pedal is a lot like using granite sticks (which have less bounce/flexibility). It's fine if you are just hammering away, but if you want to do doubles it's harder and buzz rolls are almost impossible.

So my vote is for the strap. Fuck chains.

Satori