Tarja and PQ October 19th!!!!

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Press Release 25.08.09

Power Quest supports Tarja in London

After securing the co-headlining spot for Rock of Ages Fest 2009, scheduled for November 20th to 22nd at The Bridgehouse 2 in Canning Town, London, the band is pleased to confirm another live performance: Power Quest was selected as main support for the Tarja Turunen show in London.

The former Nightwish singer is embarking on her “Final Storm Tour 2009” on 19th September across Europe and will have her final show in London on Monday, 19th October at the O2 Academy Islington.

This will be the first show for Power Quest with the new selected front man and also the new rhythm guitarist will be introduced to the audience. Steve Williams comments: “We are looking forward to introducing our new line-up in London and are planning 2 warm up shows beforehand, one of which will be in Southampton on October 18th. Also there is more news that we will be revealing very shortly.”

On 26th September Power Quest will share the stage with Primal Fear, Brainstorm and Circus Maximus amongst others at Metalfest in Dudley. This will be the last show featuring singer Alessio Garavello. More information on this 3 day festival here:
http://www.metalfest.org.uk/

Jasonic and I would both probably be at the same PQ show (Chicago), so that's at least two people in the US you have! :lol: Can't wait to see some pics and possibly video of this concert though, it sounds awesome.

Symphony said:
This will be the first show for Power Quest with the new selected front man and also the new rhythm guitarist will be introduced to the audience. Steve Williams comments: “We are looking forward to introducing our new line-up in London and are planning 2 warm up shows beforehand, one of which will be in Southampton on October 18th. Also there is more news that we will be revealing very shortly.”

If there are two warm-up shows beforehand doesn't that make it the third gig with the new singer or am I missing something?

like.jpg

Thanks to everyone who came along to the Tarja show! Sold out event and the crowd were really with us all the way!

It was great for all the new members to play a show like this so soon and then to get to hang out with the fans for photos and signings afterwards. I'm really proud of Andy, Pete, Rich, Paul and Ben for working so hard to make this all happen so quickly!

it was also really cool to hang out with Oliver again who was playing bass for Tarja. It was his birthday yesterday and mine today...so we had a little celebration during the after show!

Last night was truly awesome, I want to do it all over again! Nice to meet all the new guys too :)

Oh and check out the O2 academy Islington fan page, they have an application on there that has pictures from the photo booth we dragged you into, Steve :p They should be online shortly...

Last-night was awesome... had a great time meeting fans old and new, 2 great warm up shows too! Big thanks to Andy and Paul for teching, welcome onboard brothers :headbang:

Hey guys!

I had such a great time at the warm up shows, and especially at last night's show in London - the show was amazing and the response from the crowd was fantastic!

It was really cool meeting the PQ fans too - can't thank you all enough for your support!

Many thanks as well to Andy and Paul for doing such a great job teching for us.

See you on the road again soon!:headbang:

All the best
Ben

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to the PQ guys for Sunday's warm-up gig at the Firehouse in Southampton - great to be riding the desk for you guys again. New line-up FANTASTIC, loved every minute of the set, and MASSIVELY impressed by your second show together! Sounds like it went well in Islington. Happy birthday Steve, if you happen to check the postings within the next hour! Hope to catch up with you soon.