Tarot!

Curufin

Kind of a big deal...
Aug 19, 2002
Nottingham, NH, USA
www.curufin.com
So I'm in Finland, as some of you may know. I had the opportunity to see Tarot in Kuopio, and there's only one thing I can say after that: They MUST play ProgPower at some point. They are such an awesome band, with such an awesome stage presence. Seriously, these guys fucking rule.

I got backstage and took a picture with the band, and also took some pretty awesome photos of the show. You can check 'em out on my latest trip update, found here: http://www.curufin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12

Woohoo!

Great band...been pushing for these guys for PP for a few years. Heavy hitting stuff that meanders between power & prog. The bass intro to Undead Son will cut you in two...you are warned !

When I saw Nightwish a couple of years ago a ProgPower, I could see what a "character" Marco was onstage...I'd love to see Tarot live.

Hey, Curafin. Glad to hear you and Aki had a great time! Did you see Toni's pictures, yet? Link
and NiE's pictures here.
I'm just dying to see Tarot live. :cry: Maybe after this next cd they'll come over.

I'd like to see them too.

When I saw Nightwish a couple of years ago a ProgPower, I could see what a "character" Marco was onstage...I'd love to see Tarot live.

My fave memory of Marco at that show is..... All of a sudden he drifts back toward stage-right, while still playing. Ewo, their tour manager, wordlessly lights his cigarette lighter and holds it out. Marco slides by, re-lights his cigarette 'on the fly,' and returns to the front. It was so fluid, so practiced, it was poetry in motion. :D

wow I never knew he was in his own band...I've only been into the metal for a few years...after the Once album and seeing them live I thought it would be cool if he did his own project...great to find out he is!

I DEFINITELY want to see Tarot @ PP! I dig what I've heard and the videos I've seen, of Tarot so far, and look forward to their new album! I really hope that they tour here!

Plus seeing Marco w/ NW @ PPIV showed that he is a helluva character and perfomer on stage, not to mention the fact that he has a kick ass metal voice! He stole the show when Tarja went off stage too! The guy is so talented that he does covers of Crazy Train and Symphony of destruction better than the originals! :headbang:

BTW Curufin, those pics you have of Finland remind me a lot of how Sweden looks. Damn I want to go back to Scandanavia again!

AMBR said:
Hey, Curafin. Glad to hear you and Aki had a great time! Did you see Toni's pictures, yet? Link
and NiE's pictures here.
I'm just dying to see Tarot live. :cry: Maybe after this next cd they'll come over.
Hell yeah we had great time :) Excellent show by them as always.. and yea we saw Toni's pictures thanks, he was actually taking most of them right behind us :)

I sure hope they'll get to play outside Finland and in the US too, they've been around for over 20 years now but have had really bad luck with marketing, promotion, distribution etc so they never really played outside Finland (other than a couple of shows in Sweden and Russia ages ago or so..). New Tarot CD should be out sometime next year, woo!

Tarot are making the new album to be released later in 2006, but before that we will be treated with these remastered releases in March:

www.wingsofdarkness.net said:

(27.Oct.2005) TAROT REMASTERS

The long waited Tarot remasters will finally hit the stores on March 2006. The remaster catalog contains the first five studio albums along with the "To Live Again" -live album previously released in Japan. Each album will be accompanied with special bonus track(s).

The detailed tracklists and the exact release date will be announced later. The catalog will be released by the Bluelight Records.

Albums to be remastered:

”Spell Of Iron” - 1986
”Follow Me Into Madness” - 1988
“To Live Forever” - 1993
“To Live Again” - 1994
“Stigmata” - 1995
“For The Glory Of Nothing” - 1998
Just can't wait to get my hands on them. :hotjump: These are a must purchase for every metalhead, even if you have to order them from overseas. :headbang:

And this is what Zachary Hietala (gt) said about the Tarot remasters on Nightwish.com board today:
Janne "The Miracle Man" has done it again!
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/zacharyhietala/Janneinthemood.jpg
I just heard the final versions of the remastered old shit and I'm amazed!
It is like day and night if compared them to originals.
The sound is bigger, wider and balanced. Even subwoofer owners will be surprized.
It will be pleasure to re-release these albums.

Zac
ps. Don't forget the bonuses!

it's about damn time those albums got re-released... those little bastards are hard to come by. I'll be first in line to buy the whole catalog. :)