Tattoo

metal17

May 21, 2002
North Bethesda, Maryland
Greetings, very soon I shall be getting my first tattoo, and it shall be The Mind's I symbol...but not the album cover one with the red and stuff but rather the one dt had on stage for the Live Damage DVD and on the DVD sleeve. I will be putting it on my upper arm but I do not know which arm left or right to put it on and whether on the side of my arm or the front? Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,
SM

are you left- or righthanded? not that it matters, but i totally lack anything to say on the subject, yet posting a reply is quicker than simply subscribing to the thread manually. :p

if that is the only tattoo you´ll have in a while, then think about what you are usually doing, meaning, how your arm will move and stuff, and how the tattoo is going to look like (I mean this in reference to couple of guitarists/bassists, who have the inner side of the lower arm tattooed, because that is the place most looked in their case, so just to explain what I mean with "movements".)

Also think about how the place is going to look when you are a bit older.
When the whole arm is tattooed, this fact doesn´t really matter, but when you have only one single tattoo, it might still look nice when it has been placed central. =>side of the arm, because the "front" is actually the side....

I guess this is one of the main facts to be considered, if there will be coming up more tattooes around or if it is alone on the place. In the end I´d say the right place for a tattoo feels right. So imagine all possibilities and decide after what feels best.
A good idea could also be, to get the picture with "normal" colour drawn on the spot and then you can think about it for a day, and remove it and start all over again if it feels wrong place.

so, metal17, what happened on the issue? Did you really went to get a tattoo or just thought you try to impress someone by announcing that you´d get tattooed :D

Because I wonder I haven´t heard anything bout this in a while. :p

(sidenote: don´t get tattoos for other people, only if you are really convinced of it by yourself)
(sidenote 2 : no-one can impress me by telling that they´d get tattooed, either.)

haha...no I didn't get the tattoo yet...I will soon hopefully, I'm still deciding whether I really need a tattoo or not...and I don't do things to please or impress people so that is totally not an issue...plus when I do get that tattoo, no one will probably even be seeing it except me, my parents, siblings and maybe a few close friends...but I do really want to take it...cause dark tranquillity's music really means alot to me...I can relate to it alot...and what better way to show my appreciation than staining my body ;)