Taylor Swift - You belong with me Metal version

being a huge taylor swift fan i thought it was pretty killer.good work!

would you mine putting it on dropbox so i can download it?

This might be a dumb question but how/were did you get just the vocal track

Haha..this is not a dumb question, its a good question to ask :D

My friend gave it to me, but he do teach me how to do it myself if I wanted to extract vocal track from a song.

You need 2 .wav/mp3 of a song, same bitrate/samplerate. 1 is instrumental version, and the other one with vocal, put both of them in your DAW, you'll need to align the start of the two files. Then select one of them, apply phase invert to it, and tadaa, it will cancel out everything except vocals, there you go :D

But remember, it doesn't work all the time, it depends on your luck, if the engineer who mix/mastered the album didn't do so much process to the track, you should be able to extract them, unless they process in different hardware/plugins for both instrumental track/vocal track.

Haha..this is not a dumb question, its a good question to ask :D

My friend gave it to me, but he do teach me how to do it myself if I wanted to extract vocal track from a song.

You need 2 .wav/mp3 of a song, same bitrate/samplerate. 1 is instrumental version, and the other one with vocal, put both of them in your DAW, you'll need to align the start of the two files. Then select one of them, apply phase invert to it, and tadaa, it will cancel out everything except vocals, there you go :D

Where'd you get the instrumental track? Does the vocal sound good solo'd? All the acapellas I've downloaded for other songs sound like they've been run through an impulse, rather unpleasant.

Where'd you get the instrumental track? Does the vocal sound good solo'd? All the acapellas I've downloaded for other songs sound like they've been run through an impulse, rather unpleasant.

Hi Morgan :D,

Hurm, I can say the vocal track sounds good but its already processed...there's reverb on the track...any process that applied to the vocal track also there @_@.

You have to buy the original CD, usually they provide both instrumental/vocal, rip them off, get both same quality/samplerate/bitrate, import them into ur DAW project, and start phase inverting hehe. *poof* there you go :D

Hi Morgan :D,

Hurm, I can say the vocal track sounds good but its already processed...there's reverb on the track...any process that applied to the vocal track also there @_@.

You have to buy the original CD, usually they provide both instrumental/vocal, rip them off, get both same quality/samplerate/bitrate, import them into ur DAW project, and start phase inverting hehe. *poof* there you go :D

Ahk. Didn't know there were proper instrumental versions out there.

It doesn't sound like this though, does it?: Does it sound more or less like a normal, processed vocal track?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahk. Didn't know there were proper instrumental versions out there.

It doesn't sound like this though, does it?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhJ3fHhMiiE Does it sound more or less like a normal, processed vocal track?

OMG...no no no, this is terrible =O

Mine, It sounds more natural... its like a normal vocal track when solo'd, except there's permenant reverb on it =S, but still the bg music can still be heard on certain part...its like a headphone spills that leaked into a microphone, but its only happen when she's not singing, *idle*, can be removed/gate, should be no problem hehe.