What the hell is wrong with our songs ? or is it just me ?...

I keep asking myself that question but honestly i don't know.

the thing is the huge snare on its own sounds a bit tubby, the adler snare brings more wack to it but i agree it does ring :(

maybe if i eq the huge snare and just use that sample on its own...

don't hit me for this question but i've been searching the web for buying a couple of steven slate's samples, am i doomed to buy one of his plugins just to get his samples ? or is it possible to buy a few samples and where ? :)

I think you should let me mix it :D

In all seriousness, I'd love to give that little snippet a shot.
Could you upload the raw tracks just for that?

And man, I wouldn't hit you for that shit!
Perfectly valid question.
You have to buy a Slate plugin, but the cheapest one is $99 right now for SSD EX, which comes with like 15 kits.

:err: Woah shit for some reason the tempo is 156,875 bpm :err:

That's why i can't mix on my computer, it's a big piece of shit...

My bad but the song is originally 200bpm ;)

I've listen to both it's the same speed... weird... :confused:

I am still laughing at that House picture, by the way.

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/oblivions-sun/song-bite/s-2pA4a[/SOUNDCLOUD]

I did use the huge snare sample.
I'm actually remixing the song now.
I'll add a little more gain for you.

I'd love to mix your guys demo for you!

Let's try this again, shall we?
I replaced the big snare, because it just didn't sound right.
I smoothed out the guitars a bit and added some gain.

I think it sounds better.

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/oblivions-sun/song-bite-2/s-ZnQb6[/SOUNDCLOUD]

It's hard for me to comment this without offending the OP. I mean this in the nicest way. But honestly if I'd get this kind of tracks I wouldn't work with the band. Guitars are way too loud and drums sound as digital as they come. I think you need to record them again if you really want a good sound.

Hey clark !

It's cool, i just want to better so even if you say my whole mixing is shit i would just like to know how i can fix it, i want to learn more !

May I ask, which clip is your comment based on ?

thanks for your replies and all the help you're giving me btw :)

I listened to the first mixes and the mix did get a bit better as you posted new ones. Don't get me wrong, this is exactly the way I started recording stuff myself about 7 years ago. I was 17 back then. :) I was always mixing my songs that were recorded poorly and the trying to mix them and make them sound better. The sad part is that it's not how it really works. Poor quality will always be poor quality.

Take the time to record songs properly and you don't even have to mix all that much to make them sound amazing. Other than that it's just volume levels. Compare your mixes to other mixes. Generally speaking KICK, SNARE and VOCALS are the only loud things in a mix. Guitars should be low in a mix since you can always hear them since they take so much space.

thanks for the tip !

I know that golden rule : the key is to have good takes. The thing is i don't think i'm capable of redoing the whole thing :/
it's only our first demo so i think i can get away with this. I am disappointed to hear that because honestly i thought the takes were alright...
But i know i still have much to learn !

Nice oldschool riffing. The thing for me, is the guitarsound. It definitly needs some adjusting. Vocals are killer!