TD takes on MIBII

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
The critics are saying this movie sucks. But, what do they know? Look, no one is going to see MIBII expecting Elizabethan drama, ok Mr. Ebert. You know what Mr. Ebert, try going to the gym instead of watching so many movies huh:D Now, on with the review. Of course the movie isn't as original as the original, just by nature of being a sequel it lacks the originality of being the original - does that make sense :confused: At any rate, if you laughed at the first movie, I think you'll laugh at this movie. It is basically a continuation of the first, w/ funny banter between Mr. Jones the all business type, and the ultra cool ultra hip, yet still wet behind the ears Mr. Smith. The dog is f'in hilarious!!!! The only thing really missing is the sense of discovery in the first one, ya know, like the parts where K is showing Will Smith the tabloids and you discover that all the tabloids are real. Is this movie better than the first. No. Few sequels are, ever, period. (Empire Strikes Back and Godfather II are two of the strongest arguments for sequel being better than original) Is it worse. If it is, I don't think it is significantly worse. I laughed throughout and thought the story was alright and the effects kicked ass. And that is all I wanted to do.

This sequel isn't bad at all! I'm serious. They could make a franchise out of these movies. Its like the Star Trek movies or the Apes movies, all of the movies were entertaining, some better than others. Good call on Aliens. Since I mentioned Trek, how about we say that Star Trek II is much better than "The Motion Picture." BTW, they showed a trailer for the next Star Trek TNG movie, it looks good, really good, and they showed a teaser trailer for T3.

Speaking of T3 and sequels that are better than the original, what about T2?

Also, I strongly agree that Wrath of Khan is much better than "The Motion Picture"...shouldn't a motion picture have some motion?

Also, if you could include "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" as a sequel ("The New Jersey Trilogy" in five parts), then I'd have to rate that one as the best of the series.

Originally posted by nafnikufesin

Also, if you could include "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" as a sequel ("The New Jersey Trilogy" in five parts), then I'd have to rate that one as the best of the series.

BLASPHEMY! Clerks is the best!

I saw MIB2 it was decent, it was better than MI2 (that ain't sayin' much) but still worth the money. I don't know if it counts but "Holy Grail" was better than "and now for something completely different." And I like Tremors three better than the first (it's funny!)