Tech-Death project to mix :)

Yeah the snare triggered the kick a little bit, the way I had APTrigga setup though the threshold was set above the snare hits so I had no problems.

The band is called Abhorrent (www.myspace.com/abhorrentdm).

~e.a

The band sounds fucken amazing... if I weren't so busy and my hearing weren't so fucked atm from over-fatigue I would give this a shot, no contest... I'll pull the files down just in case, and you may see my mix in a month or two, hahah.

this shit is awesome mike. name's colton, I'm a friend of marlon and john's. I believe they are coming up here next weekend to hang out. you should drop by with them. great job on the mix. I think it turned out pretty fucking awesome regarding the circumstances around it.

Radd: Yeah, you take the FX send or if the amp has a direct output you just connect a cable to it and record it so that you can use impulses on it later on.

XeS: Actually, I know for a fact they only practice together about 1-2 times a week, if that. The guitarist hardly ever touches his guitar unless he's jamming with the drummer. And he even writes everything in GuitarPro without ever touching his guitar, he learns the songs on guitar AFTER he writes them in GP. On top of that, he writes the drums in GP too, for the drummer to learn and add-to or change very little of it when they actually rehearse the music. It's nuts. The drummer, however, practices daily, but unless the guitarist is there he typically practices various other styles of drumming (fusion, jazz, prog, blues, breakbeat, etc.).

Alright, I figured there would be some bad files since my mp3 was jacked. Re-uploading now. I'll post here when it's done.

~e.a

Figure I'd clear some stuff up. We practice together 3-4 times a week, sometimes more (usually). I play my guitar everyday regardless of the fact that I'm jamming or not that day. I write most of my music in Guitar Pro WITH my guitar, it always turns out better that way. :kickass: Cool to hear a number of different mixes you guys did, and glad you like the stuff.

Sounds cool charlie! Allthough the guitar is heavier then it was in elephant audio's mix its also abit less clear, it sometimes drowns in the faster parts, drums are cool!!

Btw, were can i find the damn files?

i knew that sounded like marlon and lyle. i think i still have some of their sessions on my computer from when they were in erzebet. my buddy recorded them using my equipment at his house.

It'll probably be picked, I haven't gotten my fingers up there quite yet. I'm assuming that you'll just want roots and low notes but if something else screams at me I might throw in a second file.

Jeff

Hey Charlie, good work! Now I'm listening on some creative speaker..monday I'll listen on my monitors.
Kick sample sounds good...which sample do you use?