Technical & Progressive Thrash Metal thread

Hmmm, no mention of Anacrusis or Believer yet?

Whole Anacrusis discography is amazing, and I have great expectations for their future work.
Believer has always been a little more complex to understand, last 2 albums are strange to me... same (and even more complex) for Tourniquet, never liked them because of their excessively broad conception of music. :confused: (and their too high pitch vocals)

This is one i have been after for awhile. The guitarist and I have been chatting, but he is wanting to remix the album (I think it still rocks as is). He is on hunt for original session reels, but not sure what will come of it. I have had the album remastered already and have told him it's good to go on my end. So we shall see, luckily I am patient person when it comes to my label.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9zFxnLCmNg

They're from my city here in London, great band. Saw them a few times back in the late 80's, early 90's. I have their demo cassette "Foot from the Edge" which i just pulled out this weekend coincidentally.

Same could be said of my CYCLONE TEMPLE reissue. None of them had any pictures or anything. Most I got out of them was partial interview and Carlos did great working an essay up from that. Not all bands contribute despite given green light to the deal. ;)

Yeah, but you didn't rip Cyclone Tempe from an old dusty vinyl and slap it on the cd without even trying to clean up clicks and pops, aren't you... ;)

Besides, CT are well known band which back in the day sold thousands of copies on major label. The current re-release is nothing to them. ASPID on the other hand are uber-unknown underground band which never even had a proper CD release. It would mean a lot to them if a label expresses interest.

For me it's all about Toxik, Realm, Depressive Age, Aspid, Deathrow, Hexenhaus, Voivod, Coroner, Bitter End, Intruder and D.B.C..
Iam still alittle bit a newb in that genre some suggestions would be good.
I think there are many more bands who are tagged with the definition "technical" but sometimes it's really difficult to say.
Is Megadeth technical or just Melodic Thrash?? Same would go for Annihilator.. like said too fuckin many bands.

I wouldn't call Megaeth a tech thrash band, HOWEVER i would call Rust in Peace a tech thrash album and in my personal opinion i think its the greatest thrash record ever and one of the best metal album ever (yes a bold statement but i stick by it).

I wouldn't call Megaeth a tech thrash band, HOWEVER i would call Rust in Peace a tech thrash album and in my personal opinion i think its the greatest thrash record ever and one of the best metal album ever (yes a bold statement but i stick by it).

Not going to disagree except where it falls in the list of greatest ever for me, BUT it is that good for sure. That album is why I no longer read ANYTHING news or opinion related to Dave Mustaine. He is kook and not going to let him ruin his masterpiece for me. I actually loved the last two Megadeth albums a tremendous amount too.

Not going to disagree except where it falls in the list of greatest ever for me, BUT it is that good for sure. That album is why I no longer read ANYTHING news or opinion related to Dave Mustaine. He is kook and not going to let him ruin his masterpiece for me. I actually loved the last two Megadeth albums a tremendous amount too.

Alot of people diagree with me on that and will argue, but hey it's all about opinion. I just think RIP is GODLY.

I've liked everything really since The System Has Failed. However, I am guilty of not listening to Thirteen but i just havent felt like doing that, Endgame was good. Loved Brodericks debut on that album, shredfest all around.

"Life Cycle" by Sieges Even was really great, definitely a sign of the times however, because they changed soon... but also "Steps" is very good!
From the most deep underground we have Inner Sanctum from UK, released a lot of demos and never arrived to a full length. Now some of them have a new band called Synaptik, they sound interesting but there's not official material online yet, only live performances poorly recorded.

Inner Sanctum Myspace

"Life Cycle" by Sieges Even was really great, definitely a sign of the times however, because they changed soon... but also "Steps" is very good!
From the most deep underground we have Inner Sanctum from UK, released a lot of demos and never arrived to a full length. Now some of them have a new band called Synaptik, they sound interesting but there's not official material online yet, only live performances poorly recorded.

Inner Sanctum Myspace

chatting with them now. Seems like the demo collection might see the light of day!

Norway isn't famous at all for Thrash Metal, but sometimes... in addition to Spiral Architect, there was another short life band called Pica Fierce. Only one self-released cd, a lot of talent for a Prog Thrash/Death style... I think not many people remember them, until recent times no-one put them on YouTube, there are more tracks on their Myspace profile.

Pica Fierce Myspace

Norway isn't famous at all for Thrash Metal, but sometimes... in addition to Spiral Architect, there was another short life band called Pica Fierce. Only one self-released cd, a lot of talent for a Prog Thrash/Death style... I think not many people remember them, until recent times no-one put them on YouTube, there are more tracks on their Myspace profile.

Pica Fierce Myspace

damn that stuff is awesome! trying to find place to download the album (since it's out of print) and it is nowhere to be found.

Coming back to a more old school style, there was plenty of bands in Eastern Europe... except Geisha Goner in Poland, there was also Tidal Wave from Ukraine... their album ("Poison Of Sorrow") was released only on tape, but it was worth to be listened to, also a little experimental.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H42r-WR8erI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H42r-WR8erI[/ame]

Coming back to a more old school style, there was plenty of bands in Eastern Europe... except Geisha Goner in Poland, there was also Tidal Wave from Ukraine... their album ("Poison Of Sorrow") was released only on tape, but it was worth to be listened to, also a little experimental.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H42r-WR8erI

It's says it was recorded in 88 but the production on that track especially the drums is amazing for the time. I dig it. Surprised Iordan hasn't done it. I cannot imagine a way to track them down. Ha ha.

EDIT: i misread the liners. it's 1997, which makes more sense.