Technical & Progressive Thrash Metal thread

It's says it was recorded in 88 but the production on that track especially the drums is amazing for the time. I dig it. Surprised Iordan hasn't done it. I cannot imagine a way to track them down. Ha ha.

EDIT: i misread the liners. it's 1997, which makes more sense.

Yeah, that must be very difficult... :confused:
Try asking here, maybe some local metalhead can tell you more about them.

Ukrainan Metal Archive

Some great releases listed here.

I hope with my band's newest release we will make more of a splash in this scene.

Some of my personal favorites that haven't been mentioned much in this thread:
INTRUDER - Psycho Savant
IMMACULATE - Atheist Crusade
DEPRESSIVE AGE - First Depression
MERCURY RISING - Upon Deaf Ears
LETHAL OUTCOME - (the recent demo tracks on their MySpace page, kinda sound like ASPID)
BRAINICIDE - Brutal Mentality demo (features Ripper Owens on vocals)
HELSTAR/VIGILANTE demos (these were on the James Rivera CD)
BLIND ILLUSION - The Sane Asylum
DERETLA - 5 song demo (great death/thrash with excellent solos)
OSIRIS - Futurity and Human Depressions

I hope with my band's newest release we will make more of a splash in this scene.

I absolutely loved the "Overlord" album and listened to it constantly after buying from your site. I lent it to a friend last year though and when he all of a sudden moved to Germany he took the cd with him, the bastard. Now he can't find it :/ Thanks for the reminder though, now I'll put some effort into hunting down another copy! :cool:

I absolutely loved the "Overlord" album and listened to it constantly after buying from your site. I lent it to a friend last year though and when he all of a sudden moved to Germany he took the cd with him, the bastard. Now he can't find it :/ Thanks for the reminder though, now I'll put some effort into hunting down another copy! :cool:

Thanks a lot! Glad you really enjoyed it!

We have some more copies for sale on our website if you wanna snag a copy: http://www.templeofblood.net

If you like that one, I think you'll love our newest one. I think the songs are better in every way, it's just taken a long time to get all the tracks recorded.

LOVE this album. It had kind of a Sanctuary meets Queensryche vibe. Too bad their second album wasn't as good.

Yeah, I totally agree with you Justin. It's a really underrated disc.

I have a feeling that replacing both the guitarists really changed their songwriting and they lost some of the catchiness that they had on the first release.

Have you heard the demo release "Under a Big Sky" or whatever it's called? Any thoughts on that one?

Some great releases listed here.

Some of my personal favorites that haven't been mentioned much in this thread:
INTRUDER - Psycho Savant
IMMACULATE - Atheist Crusade
DEPRESSIVE AGE - First Depression
MERCURY RISING - Upon Deaf Ears
LETHAL OUTCOME - (the recent demo tracks on their MySpace page, kinda sound like ASPID)
BRAINICIDE - Brutal Mentality demo (features Ripper Owens on vocals)
HELSTAR/VIGILANTE demos (these were on the James Rivera CD)
BLIND ILLUSION - The Sane Asylum
DERETLA - 5 song demo (great death/thrash with excellent solos)
OSIRIS - Futurity and Human Depressions

Some excellent bands listed here. :worship:
From the huge Benelux scene, I'd recommend also Mystrez, with their (first) album "The Indictment". Never listened to "Out Of The Blue", so I don't know if they changed their style 9 years later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this needs to be re-released.

Let's hope that someone, someday, will do it! :D
Here's an obscure band from another non-Thrash country, Cursed Earth from Ireland.

This is their Myspace with 2 songs (no videos on YouTube, except a live performance in 2007), but both demos are easy to find for download.
There would be a lot of material for a "Bootcamp" release. :devil:

Here's another album I think needs to be looked into; Leviathen "Onward Through The Fog" (1993). NOT the Colorado Progressive Metal band that was signed to Century Media. This band is more in line with 'prog-thrash' genre, with a little Power Metal as well. I think they're very good and the production's not too bad either, for '93. The thing that's really cool about them is that there's a lot of different styles being performed on this one album, while still maintaining an overall Thrash Metal feel throughout.

If you know how to use Narod, you can check out the album at the link below . If you don't let me know, I'll walk you through it. Normally, I wouldn't post the whole album to download, but I can't find any links to individual song samples (not a good sign if you're trying to contact them) anywhere on the net. Anyways, if anyone ends up downloading it, let me know what your opinion is; It'll be interesting to know what others think of the album.

http://narod.ru/disk/42885849001.8f7556d66279c11fdaa9a3e126e46567/Leviathen93.by.thrashmania80.rar.html

Here's another album I think needs to be looked into; Leviathen "Onward Through The Fog" (1993). NOT the Colorado Progressive Metal band that was signed to Century Media. This band is more in line with 'prog-thrash' genre, with a little Power Metal as well. I think they're very good and the production's not too bad either, for '93. The thing that's really cool about them is that there's a lot of different styles being performed on this one album, while still maintaining an overall Thrash Metal feel throughout.

If you know how to use Narod, you can check out the album at the link below . If you don't let me know, I'll walk you through it. Normally, I wouldn't post the whole album to download, but I can't find any links to individual song samples (not a good sign if you're trying to contact them) anywhere on the net. Anyways, if anyone ends up downloading it, let me know what your opinion is; It'll be interesting to know what others think of the album.

http://narod.ru/disk/42885849001.8f7556d66279c11fdaa9a3e126e46567/Leviathen93.by.thrashmania80.rar.html

Never listened to them before, they sound pretty good, thanks!
About Cursed Earth, if there's no problem for Matt, I'd like to put the links here where they can be downloaded, and the same for out of print or impossible to find records...

Irish Metal Bandcapmp

And today I'd add another band, Acridity... much more straight Thrash style, but with a lot of technical effort... only one record in 1991, but worth to be listened to. ("For Freedom I Cry")

Never listened to them before, they sound pretty good, thanks!
About Cursed Earth, if there's no problem for Matt, I'd like to put the links here where they can be downloaded, and the same for out of print or impossible to find records...

Irish Metal Bandcapmp

And today I'd add another band, Acridity... much more straight Thrash style, but with a lot of technical effort... only one record in 1991, but worth to be listened to. ("For Freedom I Cry")

Acridity - Beyond

Yes, definitely. I almost forgot about this band! BUT...

What about these guys...

...From poland and is one of the best prog-thrash albums I've ever heard. Even better than Wolf Spider, or Turbo at their most creative peak.

Asmodeus was a great band, but they changed so much their style that I don't know which albums I should concentrate on...
Staying in Prog Thrash, Secrecy is one of the best examples in my opinion... short life band. :(

Asmodeus was a great band, but they changed so much their style that I don't know which albums I should concentrate on...
Staying in Prog Thrash, Secrecy is one of the best examples in my opinion... short life band. :(

Secrecy - Coroner's Inquest

Times Of Times

Secrecy was a great band. "Raging Romance" = classic. That album managed to touch on just about every style of hard rock/HM. Always loved the singer. Very good production on those albums, as well.

From Germany there was also Jester's March... two albums of good Prog Thrash in the early 90's and then they disappeared... more or less they can be found easily (especially "Acts").

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqMM-okdkp0"]Jester's March - Run[/ame]