Technical & Progressive Thrash Metal thread

didn't someone just re-issue Harsh Realities?

I've searched on the net, but looks like no-one did...
If you like last era Coroner, you'll like also Fear Of God... their frontwoman had a very individual style (Dawn Crosby, she's unfortunately dead because of alcohol abuse) and they composed two great records... the first one is the most acclaimed (very rare), but I've bought the second from the band and it isn't inferior at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brazil hadn't much Technical Thrash, but the best exception was Acid Storm. 1 EP (recently reissued) and one amazing album (never reissued)... I'd recommend to listen to the album before. "Symbiotic Love (Last Days Of Paradise)" is a killer track. :worship:

Acid Storm - Scourge Of The Gods

Acid Storm - Symbiotic Love (Last Days Of Paradise)

Tell you what; Other than a few other noteworthy albums, "Biotronic Genesis" is in the top five of my 'wishlist' of albums that need to be reissued! You wouldn't know it from the LP rips circulating on the net, but the production, musicianship, and songwriting on this release is some of the absolute best from that era...

If you like last era Coroner, you'll like also Fear Of God... their frontwoman had a very individual style (Dawn Crosby, she's unfortunately dead because of alcohol abuse) and they composed two great records... the first one is the most acclaimed (very rare), but I've bought the second from the band and it isn't inferior at all!

I think the first one is still owned by Warner Brothers.

Fear Of God - Drift

Fear Of God - Mercy

Hey! I was just talking about the band FOG that the guys formed after Dawn's death. Total change in sound to gothic/doomy/death metal.

Tell you what; Other than a few other noteworthy albums, "Biotronic Genesis" is in the top five of my 'wishlist' of albums that need to be reissued! You wouldn't know it from the LP rips circulating on the net, but the production, musicianship, and songwriting on this release is some of the absolute best from that era...

Agree! And they were in Brazil, not Europe nor United States...

I think the first one is still owned by Warner Brothers.

Maybe... when I mailed the guitar player about it, he gave me a "stupid" answer...

Going on with female-fronted bands, from Germany there was also Battlefield...

And Megace, mentioned by Metalliced in another topic... :)

Agree! And they were in Brazil, not Europe nor United States...

Maybe... when I mailed the guitar player about it, he gave me a "stupid" answer...

Going on with female-fronted bands, from Germany there was also Battlefield...

Battlefield - Still And Ever Again

And Megace, mentioned by Metalliced in another topic... :)

Megace - Save Your Dignity

The production on this album is a bit uneven though a good remaster would definitely correct this. My personal desire for wanting to see this 1991 released album reissued stems from my love of their 1999 album "Inner War". That album is so f**king great it would be a shame not to have the first one available as well :headbang:

Second page? That's not good!
A little space for Czech Metal heroes, Arakain. Much more Thrash in first releases, then they changed to something more modern but still valuable.

Entophyte here. As usual: totally forgotten, one album, very rare.

(this one has been uploaded with terrible cracks/pops all over the track, probably a system error during uploading)

Not only Power Metal in Spain... two dusty 90's records:

And... for those who prefer more modern tunes:

This one needs a reissue too... more Prog than Thrash, but very valuable.

Alphakill did a very good job with their self-produced debut, "Unmitigated Disaster"... I'm quite sure that very soon it will be out of print and sold for crazy prices on Ebay...

This thread is bursting with awesome recommendations! Got two bands I hadn't seen mentioned (but you guys might know them anyways). They might be more on the death/thrash side, but I never got too into high clean vocals :D

Aspid from Russia

and Chemical Breath from Belgium

This thread is bursting with awesome recommendations! Got two bands I hadn't seen mentioned (but you guys might know them anyways). They might be more on the death/thrash side, but I never got too into high clean vocals :D

Aspid from Russia
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEIKl0ZZ4h0

Aspid has been mentioned before in this thread, and fully discussed. Great album! I wish the 2007 reissue of this album wasn't 'mastered' from an LP, and sped up. I can't for the life of me, figure out why the label that reissued it thought it would be a good idea to do this. I have a rip of the original record, and it's so much better. It has never been released on CD from the master source tapes...

Some unrelated German bands...

(more on Prog, but enjoyable)

If you like mid-period Voivod, you should check these Polish worshippers... 3 albums so far, no idea if they're still active.