Tell me about Novembre...

I think most people here like the latest albums (Materia, The Blue)
I'm a fan of the older stuff. Dreams d'Azur is one of my all time favourite albums.
Classica and Novembrine Waltz are excellent as well. I don't like Arte Novecento.

I think most people here like the latest albums (Materia, The Blue)
I'm a fan of the older stuff. Dreams d'Azur is one of my all time favourite albums.
Classica and Novembrine Waltz are excellent as well. I don't like Arte Novecento.

OK thanks.

What is it about Arte Novecento that you don't like? Should I avoid it?

They are a good band.

The first albums have a more individual sound to them while the last 2 are a bit broader and to some more accessable. Doesn't make them worse, just different.

'The Blue' (their latest album, '07) is one of my favourite albums. It has everything and creates such a beautiful landscape in my mind. It's uplifting and then can bring you right down into a sinking depressive feeling. Then there's moments where the music hypnotizes you with the guitars... amazing really. Listening to the song 'Zenith' and then at around 2:17... that part just sends chills down my spine every time.

album-materia.jpg

OK thanks.

What is it about Arte Novecento that you don't like? Should I avoid it?

The vocals are really bad on this one, and the music is kinda boring. It's incredibly inferior to Dreams d'Azur (which is a re-recording of the first album (and it was re-recorded for a reason)).
I don't think you should avoid it, but it shouldn't be one of the first Novembre albums to listen to.

They were a great band, last album sounded rushed and wasn't that good.
Classica, Novembrine Waltz and Materia are the best.
They toured with Katatonia in '06, but seem to have been abducted by aliens in 2009.

The vocals are really bad on this one, and the music is kinda boring. It's incredibly inferior to Dreams d'Azur (which is a re-recording of the first album (and it was re-recorded for a reason)).
I don't think you should avoid it, but it shouldn't be one of the first Novembre albums to listen to.

OK, gotcha...thanks!

Thanks to everyone else for thier input as well...