Tell me about the Finnish metal scene!

Iced In Flames

Shredderite
Jan 26, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
I live in America. And I am thinking of moving there with my soon to be wife. How is the music scene there?! And little general info on Finland would be cool too. :hotjump:

Finland, Finland, Finland.... :) Finland just rocks! All the good heavy/metal bands come from Finland! :headbang: And in July we have Tuska festival in Helsinki. There´re lots of heavy bands and lots of great people. It has been the highlight of my summer holidays every year...

Iced In Flames said:
I live in a somewhat cold part of the us right now. But I imagine its nothing comparded to there!

Oh sorry. I forgot that eastern coast of us was completely frozen. :D
but, eh, i like coldness. :ill:

And yeah, this time America has exaggerated quite a bit.

The metal scene in my city is crap,but it's not that bad in Helsinki and such places. Lots of bands come there,but still not as many as should.

Tuska Open Air is definitely for you if you move here.

At least for my city,really cold winters (this one has been a little less than usual) and warm summers (one of the warmest places in the country). If you want numbers (and understand the Celsius scale :p) it doesn't get much worse than -30C in winter and 40C in the summer. In southern Finland anyway.

I live in Indiana very near to Chicago. Right now its 15 below zero Farenheit. I live in the center not the east ;)

Yeah Finaland and Sweden are definitly for me for music. Here they have Korn and Nickelback and Puddle of Mudd and Limp Bizkit. Screw that.

I like Bodom, Testament, Iced Earth, Sentenced, Immortal, Arch Enemy, Helloween kinda stuff!

We are going to visit there later this year I'm hoping and later to move there. Does it look like the Killing Me Killing you vid by Sentenced?

Well yeah kinda like that. :) The video is shit though and the song gets boring. :p The only really good Sentenced video is for Nepenthe. :)

Blah Taneli Jarva all the way,though the latest The Black League album isn't that much my thing.
Laihiala is really good on The Cold White Light,but the albums before that became boring to me. Not Laihiala's fault entirely or almost at all,but he has improved.
Amok is still the best. The Black League is perhaps even better.

Dunno,they've turned into a much more of a rock band now,which kinda sucks for me. I don't like their latest album that much so far,but their first two albums still beat all Sentenced cd's,except maybe Amok.

I'm not all that surprised you like the Ville albums. :loco: Pf I say. Attitude over emotion in this case. There are better bands for emotion.

I need a shower...someone carry me there.

The Cold White Light is one of my favorite cds that I have! I think the problem with the other is that his vocals arent recorded very well. Like on Down. And yeah Amok rocks. Nepenthe and Moon Magick!

TheFourthHorseman said:
At least for my city,really cold winters (this one has been a little less than usual) and warm summers (one of the warmest places in the country). If you want numbers (and understand the Celsius scale :p) it doesn't get much worse than -30C in winter and 40C in the summer. In southern Finland anyway.

Hi, I am the wife to be :D I live in Guadalajara, Mexico and we don't have real winters here. Coldest it has been this time is -5C, so I guess that's pretty gay by Finnish standards ;)

About Sentenced, The Cold White Light is the first album I got by them and I love it. Crimson is awesome too!

Yeah Sentenced rox! I have only 5 of their albums but I´ll buy more when I get some extra money... :) I have the Poisonblack album and I like it even though it´s pretty... Ya know?? Doesn´t beat Sentenced in any way, but I still like it... Haven´t listened to it for a long time though. Gotta take a break ya know? (Why do I put that ya know everywhere???)

Iced In Flames said:
I think Exciter is a damn good song.... ya know? ;)

Yeah I know... :) And The kiss of Death, All else is hollow and Love Infernal. I have seen them live once in Nosturi and it was a good show! J-P was really cute... :Spin: It sucks that he left the band. I don´t know who´s gonna replace him...