Finland VS US

well.. Finland is better land for people who likes metal music...but you have Metallica there..so that`s something isn`t it?

US vs. Finland? haha, is this a joke? The metal scene is like black and white. Should i just say numetal vs. REALmetal ?

BODOM!

I must give immense respect to the Finnish scene, as all I've been listening to lately is stuff like Moonsorrow, Finntroll, Ensiferum, etc (the usual suspects) and I'm trying to get my hands on some Mustan Kuun Lapset.

The only US band I've been enjoying listening to lately is Agalloch. :)

Yeah. I think it´s not even a question of opinion. The scene here in Finland is very more true. But one thing we´re lacking here is progmetal bands. In the states you have Symphony X and Dream Theater which are the very best (popular) melodic prog metal bands in the world. The only band in this genre in Finland is Tunnelvision. But that really doesn´t matter to mee (and probably to most finnish people) ´cos I´m usually into more atmospheric and brutal stuff.
BTW. Did anyone in Finland watch the last levyraati? Pekka Kuusisto (a very well known finnish classical violinist, one of the best in the world) blaimed the american(is it?) pop band Evanesence (or how ever the hell it´s written) of copying the idea of Nightwish and making faceless and tastless shit out it. I totally agree.

http://www.tacere.net/

I'd say Tacere's latest (The Legend of Gévaudan) is a damn weird fusion of clean male vocals (power metallish), guitar melodies, keyboards, odd changes and strange ideas, accompanied with orchestral arrangements and female vocals. Great guitarworks.

No offence, Karri (Tacere), but I'm yet to figure that album out. :)

- Juuso

Well that sounds like us :) (but you forgot that our fusion incluides grunt vocals too! :)
It´s true, figuring "The legend of Gévaudan" out takes a lot more than one listen through. But hopefully when one comes through with the album, it´ll give him something more than the usual radio play material.

Our next one will be a lot heavier, not so fast and ´cos it´s not a theme album the songs will be much more straight (but of course the stuff is still progressive enough, and we´ve still got our etheric feeling too). Also there will be more female vocals (´cos Helena the guest female vocalist on "The legend of Gévaudan" has become a permanent member) and as a contrast the male vocals will be lower (yeah, we´re going a little gothic, like on our first sessions). It´s gonna be a killer. :)

Without Finnish music here in Greece we could not feel Zephyr breeze I like very much the finnish music.The only U.S band I like is Iced Earth

Hey, I have to say that Finnish Metal rocks my ass and all else falls short. I would really appreciate it though if some of you guys took a listen to my band and let me know what you think. You can do that here. You might think it's total crap, but thanks for listening anyways.

european metal scene was always better then US, but because of the world wide globalization of US things (i mean everything, not just music, i mean all other crap), american bands always are more popular.

but i must say that there are no band on the world like Symphony X and Dream Theater...

but you know that all started from Deep Purple (which are guess what... Europeans!) :)

Finnish Metal is up there among the best metal in the world, that's for sure, but the US has had some decent bands over the years, specially the 80's. Dio is a yank and so are most of the members of Kamelot. Iced Earth are good too. But as far as good metal bands per head of population, Finland wins hands down.

what do you people think of Europe (i mean Europe the band)

i really love them, but they were not so popular in their time, and even now, people know only The Final Countdown song...

it is really sad...