Finland VS US

Penelope said:
But you do know that they are not Finnish don't you? They are Swedish.
Scandinavia is one bigger village. Who does really care if they're Swedes or Norwegians or someone... :Smug:
It's almost the same.... :Spin:

OUGH!
smiley18.gif

Playlist here also at this very moment consists of the following:

Korpiklaani, Vordven, Ajattara, Sargeist, Satanic Warmaster, Azaghal, Shape Of Despair, Apocalyptica, Omnium Gatherum, ...And Oceans, Impaled Nazarene, Trollheim's Grott, Moonsorrow, Rotten Sound, Children Of Bodom, Ensiferum, Beherit, Barathrum, Tenhi......

They are all from Finland. Any of those unfamiliar with anyone?

Finland has one of the best metal scenes anywhere, and not only makes the U.S look silly, but most of North America too :p As for US v.s Finland? Finland for sure, but I guess you'd expect that coming from a Canadian (hehe) :p

Edit: Ensiferum/Apocaliptica are great! Unfortunately, I am really sick of CoB, because they rule a lot too :p

eternal tears of sorrow is also from finland arent they? amaaaazing band. wintersun as well. I am going to sweden in august..I wish I could afford to stay there longer and go visit Finland. I fucking hate living here in the US. It is IMPOSSIBLE to find anyone with talent...especialy with all this cockbag emo/hardcore/metalcore going around. Anyone know what all is involved in moving to sweden/finland? I know with passports you can stay there for 3 months but does anyone know about getting a residency permit or whatever? and if places will hire americans? (god i hate being american..i feel so shitty having to call myself american) also..anyone know any hot fin/swede chicks to hook me up with so i can marry one and become a citizen? I would love you forever.

I grew up in the U.S. and listened to mostly American Metal until last year. Only because I didn't pay much attention to all else much. Started in with Children of Bodom, and the list has grown and grown and now I have to say that I'm more partial to finnish and norwegian metal than any other. However, sometimes I'm in the mood for some good American Thrash Metal, but, I believe Finland's metal is waaaay more melodic and intriguing.

Hollywould6 said:
... I believe Finland's metal is waaaay more melodic and intriguing.

It is suprising what you can find and accomplish when you put all your anger to the side and explore a little bit, eh? :oops:

I notice that "americal metal" is almost all driven by anger and hate. I think only once you've passed that and experienced more can you really create art.