Tell me what you think of this mix!!

abaga129

The Apprentice
Hey everyone this is a song my band has been working on and i have been working my ass of on it with writing and mixing.
I really hope you guys like it.
Mix advice would be great! I think im really close to a final product but i need the input of the experts here on UG to critique it first :wave:

updated mix

Last edited by a moderator:
Intro sounds good. The distorted guitar tone sounds like it has no body, just all scratch and pick attack. Drums are lacking in body and definition too.

Thanks for the input. No that i listen to it i definitely hear what you mean. I thought i had a good mix but now i realize i was just relying on the power of the drums. Now i see its pretty awful, but i've started completely over with the mix from square one and im gonna see what i can do with it.
After looking at my guitar chain i found a big culprit for the guitars lacking "body". I was using a multiband stereo imager on the guitar bus, and spreading the high end but putting the low end in the middle, so it gets detached.

Thanks for the input. No that i listen to it i definitely hear what you mean. I thought i had a good mix but now i realize i was just relying on the power of the drums. Now i see its pretty awful, but i've started completely over with the mix from square one and im gonna see what i can do with it.
After looking at my guitar chain i found a big culprit for the guitars lacking "body". I was using a multiband stereo imager on the guitar bus, and spreading the high end but putting the low end in the middle, so it gets detached.

Yeah that would do it. I'll be interested to hear what your next mix sounds like. I find it's often helpful to start from scratch and always helpful to take breaks and let your ears rest.