2- The Divine Wings of Tragedy: SymphonyX
4- Carved in a Stone: Shadow Gallery
5- V: SymphonyX
6- A Pleasant Shade Of Grey: Fates Warning
7- Awake: DreamTheater
8- In Search Of Truth: Evergrey
9- Tyranny: Shadow Gallery
10- Extension of the Wish: Andromeda

Extra: Santus Ignis: Adagio What about you??

Luis said:
Mi humble list:

1- Images and Words: DreamTheater
2- The Divine Wings of Tragedy: SymphonyX
4- Carved in a Stone: Shadow Gallery
5- V: SymphonyX
6- A Pleasant Shade Of Grey: Fates Warning
7- Awake: DreamTheater
8- In Search Of Truth: Evergrey
9- Tyranny: Shadow Gallery
10- Extension of the Wish: Andromeda

Extra: Santus Ignis: Adagio What about you??
Where's number 3? :err:

This is my list:

1. Symphony X - V
2. Dream Theater - Images & Words
3. Dream Theater - Awake
4. Symphony X - Divine Wings of Tragedy
5. Opeth - Still Life
6. Adagio - Underworld
7. Ayreon - Flight of the Migrator
8. Opeth - Blackwater Park
9. Tool - Lateralus
10. Dream Theater - SfaM

i would GREATLY debate that tool is industrial. Maybe not prog, but NOT industrial. And just my 2 cents, i thought aenema was much better than lateralus... i never could get into that album. What was it about it that you liked better (an actual question of interest, not me bashing your taste)?

1. Images and Words- Dream Theater
2. Divine Wings of Tradgedy: Symphony X
3. Planet X: Moonbabies
4. Moving Pictures: Rush
5. A Night at the Opera: Queen

ehh that's all I got

Tool is definitely Prog to me. Odd times, complex music/rythms, many changes, progressing songs that take you on a journey. Honestly, they are so unique you really can't label them, but to me Prog comes closest. (Keep in mind Prog itself is a very broad label - think of all the bands that fall under this umbrella).

But Industrial? Excuse me, but :lol:!!! Industrial is stuff like NIN, Ministry, etc. Tool is nothing like that. Yes, Tool is dark and very rythmic oriented, but beyond that the similarities to industrial end. Call them whatever you want if it makes you happy, but don't limit yourself by liking music if it fits/doesn't fit your label.

There is nothing that says "Prog" has to include keyboards. Just because 99% of all Prog Metal/Rock bands consist of the same boring line up (vox, drums, guitar, bass, keys) doesn't mean that it has to be that way...

OdinsCourt said:
Tool is definitely Prog to me. Odd times, complex music/rythms, many changes, progressing songs that take you on a journey. Honestly, they are so unique you really can't label them, but to me Prog comes closest. (Keep in mind Prog itself is a very broad label - think of all the bands that fall under this umbrella).

But Industrial? Excuse me, but :lol:!!! Industrial is stuff like NIN, Ministry, etc. Tool is nothing like that. Yes, Tool is dark and very rythmic oriented, but beyond that the similarities to industrial end. Call them whatever you want if it makes you happy, but don't limit yourself by liking music if it fits/doesn't fit your label.
Im a HUGE tool fan, got all the albums, 3 shirts, and like 5 posters in my room. It was all I listened to for years untill I discovered bands like SyX/Adagio etc. Tool is very unique (like Pink Floyd) and doenst really fit into any label, but if I had to pick one, it would shurly be Industrial/Metal..Sure the timing is crazy, hell, the drummer is fuckin NUTS :worship: . but theres never any complex guitar parts/solos, or Keys, and you surly cant call something Prog Metal without having crazy guitar solos and keys. Mabie you could even consider Tool "Melodic Metal" or "Ambient Metal" or even "Alternative Metal" if that really makes any sence, but not Prog..

1. Symphony X - "V"
2. Evergrey - "In Search of Truth"
3. Pain of Salvation - "The Perfect Element Pt. 1"
4. Zero Hour - "The Towers of Avarice" (no keyboards!)
5. O.S.I.
6. Into Eternity - "Buried In Oblivion"
7. Fates Warning - "Perfect Symmetry"
8. ARK - "Burn the Sun"
9. Andromeda - "Extension of the Wish"
10. Wolverine - "The Window Purpose"

1> Symphony X / The Divine Wings of Tradegy
2> Symphony X / The Odyssey
3> Dream Theater / Images And Words
4> Dream Theater / Metropolis 2
5> Headline / Voice of Prescence
6> Kamelot / Karma (Kinda Power as well)
7> Pain of Salvation / The Perfect Element Pt. 1
8> Liquid Tension Experiments x2
9> Adagio / Sanctus Ignis
10> Majestic / Trinity Overture

1. Symphony X- The Odyssey
2. Symphony X- V
3. Adagio- Underworld
4. Symphony X- Divine Wings of Tragedy
5. Vanden Plas- Beyond Daylight
6. Dream Theater- Images and Words
7. Opeth- Blackwater Park
8. Pagan's Mind- Celestial Entrance
9. Vanden Plas- Far Off Grace
10. Symphony X- Twilight in Olympus

Sorry for the lack of variety, but there you have it.

I'm liking the lists, guys. I will say I find Aenima to be much better than Lateralus, and Tool IS a prog band.

One of the LTEs has to go on there, though. They're like the only prog jam band, and they were GREAT at it.

The best: Dream Theater - Images and Words

The rest (order not that important):

-Dream Theater - Awake
- Symphony X - V
- Adagio - Underworld
- Andromeda - Extension of the Wish
- Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane
- Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element
- LTE 2
- Opeth - Blackwater Park (progressive and metal, but maybe not progressive metal)
- Tool - Lateralus (same as above)