Favorite concept albums

I can't believe no one besides jax had Rush 2112 in their top concept albums.

1. Rush - 2112
2. Symphony X - V
3. Dream Theater - Scenes from a memory.

I can't believe no one besides jax had Rush 2112 in their top concept albums.

1. Rush - 2112
2. Symphony X - V
3. Dream Theater - Scenes from a memory.
It's my least favorite Rush album, and I certainly wouldn't include any of the prog "standard" albums either... they just don't interest me anymore.

Well you should heed my post then and check out one of the other ones besides BE and Scarsick, because both of those are not representative of the majority of their music.

Fates Warning - A Pleasant Shade of Grey definitely makes the top of the list, mostly because it is the single concept album I listen to most often. Pure atmospheric prog contentment.

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son because no matter what people say about the introduction of synthesizers...this is still the most solid Maiden album as far as melody is concerned (alright, we'll forget Can I Play With Madness, but otherwise: solid).

Symphony X - V because well, duh.

Iced Earth - The Dark Saga which is admittedly a bit boring at parts, but overall quite amazing. "A Question of Heaven" is worth the price of the CD alone.

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume I: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness simply for the title alone, and, high-pitched, Rush-like vocals notwithstanding, this CD is catchy as hell. Progsnobs, go wank your guitars in anger. I care not.

And in the same vein: Tom Waits - Frank's Wild Years. No one ever said it has to be metal.

My two personal fabourite concept albums right now are

AYREON - THE HUMAN EQUATION

DREAM THEATER - SCENES FROM A MEMORY

they are the only 2 concept albums that i love, spocks beards snow has some great songs some crap ones, i think symphony x's v is good but not as great as a lot of people think, perhaps it will grow on me

Alchemy X - 11:59:59
Dreamtone - Sojourn
Pyramid - Gaudi's Legacy
Tomorrow's Eve - Mirror of Creation I & II
Savatage - Streets, a Rock Opera
Symmetry - A Soul's Roadmap
Frameshift - Unweaving the Rainbow

Already mentioned

QR - OM I - the epitome concept album
Carisma - 1825
DT - SFAM
Wastefall - Soulrain 21
VP - Christ 0

And...

Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black

I never realised it was a concept album, but it's one of my favourite albums anyways.

Add to that the ones everyone else is putting up here;

Symphony X: V
Dream Theater: Scenes from a memory
Ayreon: The Human equation

V and Scenes for sure. I recently purchased Opeth's Still Life and that album is just blowing me away. Wow... amazing stuff. I wish it had as great a production as Ghost Reveries because the poor production is the only negative thing about it.
Shadow Gallery's Room V.
PoS's Remedy Lane (haven't heard PE, but I'd love to)

Not going to even try to order them...

V - SX
Scenes from a Memory - Dream Theater
Mabool - Orphaned Land
Epica - Kamelot
Section X - Beyond Twilight
For the Love of Art and the Making - Beyond Twilight
The Human Equation - Ayreon
Operation: Mindcrime (only the first one) - Queensryche

I like several others, but those are the best.