TERMINATOR vs. PREDATOR

TERMINATOR vs. PREDATOR

• TERMINATOR

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • PREDATOR

Votes: 27 47.4%

• Total voters
Predator, cuz' he can cloak, has 3 weapons ( shoulder cannon, claws, and blow up device, which I call the "Piss off-bitch" ), which will own the metal terminator, which is slow, and, god, it's huge peice of metal as compared to something like the Predator, which is huge, and can jump and run hella fast, so, in the end, Terminator gets cornholed by the predator, twice.

Dilton said:
I am going to explain my reason why the predator would win, by a slight different point of view. Instead of analising the capabilities of the Pred or the T2 (weapons, strenght, resistances, resourcefulness, etc).

Here it goes:

The predator is an alien species. He is far more advanced in combat than any other united states marine core operative in Iraq. If you put a fully armored hi-tech elite soldier of today against a T2, the odds would be that the soldier would have a great chance of killing the T2. Not that he would really do it, but it would be a fierce battle if the T2 fails to detect the soldier or fails to deliver a first strike. But the Predator is a far more advanced concept. In the movies we could see how they were exploring the universe for a long time, and had already won trophies of lots of outer space beings. I believe it would not be too difficult for a predator to eliminate something as a Terminator, because the T2 was something that, after all, was made by a machine, which developed some kind of artificial intelligence made by human creation. And the most important issue: The Terminator was originaly designed to "terminate" human beings in combat, not some ancient predator from a warrior alien clan of super advanced species.
in addition the predator is trained to gather information about his target, he studies them first before taking out his prey while the terminator just blindly goes after the target without knowing it's strengths/weaknesses.

fuck i want to watch the first predator so bad now! ive only seen it when i was a kid and i always seemed to get it right in the middle of the movie. i never saw like the first 20 minutes of the movie i think. i saw up to the part where they find the skinned humans hanged upside down in the helicopter or wherever it was.

yeah, but the great thing about the second predator, it was set in a city scene, and they could of so easily taken the R rating, like 50 steps further. If you like Predator that much, get on Kazaa and download Aliens Vs Predator Gold/2, great shit.

Keep in mind though that the Terminator's sight isn't like humans, he has infrared vision. The Terminator is an excellent marksman, better than the Predator and once the Terminator got ahold of the Predator, the Predator would be completely fucked.

NP: Arch Enemy - Burning Angel

Stygian:
Dude go watch it NOW..
it's one of the greatest movies

in addition the predator is trained to gather information about his target, he studies them first before taking out his prey while the terminator just blindly goes after the target without knowing it's strengths/weaknesses.
The Terminator is also skilled at strategy and intelligence which I see a lot of people here are underestimating. In the T movies it always knew how to proceed, where to go next, how to attack.. The fact the Terminators are blatant and have no shame or sense of discreteness doesn't completely mean they'll just go mindlessly blasting head on.

Also, just as you claim the Predator does have other types of visors, they still won't be able to do much at night time (or day since his regular vision is terrible) because the Terminator will not generate any form of radiation because he's not a metabolic biological being that generates heat. Yes, X-rays would clearly show him BUT, you NEED X-rays in the first place.. there aren't enough in the environment naturally and I'm sure he doesn't have an x-ray emitter with the visor because they'd have to bounce back to him and to his visor and EVERY living creature is vulnerable to that type of radiation. Getting an X-ray at the doctor is actually pretty bad for you.. but it's 'justified' because they shoot them at you for a fraction of a second... any long term exposure would fuck anyone up.
Terminator on the other hand.. has a constant visual of predator. his cloaking is completely useless as the terminator can sense his IR emission. T has all sorts of visors.. he can definitely handle (and probably does have) x-ray vision equipment.

One of your strongest points is that Predator can hide and shit.. well the terminator will always know where he is because he can see him.. day or night, through walls, through his cloaking, etc....

Great point Sephiroth
Terminator is a more perfect marksman and will shoot at Predator through whatever's there and right at him as soon as he has him in his sight.. he'll just go buck with his minigun or whatever weapon he happens to be yielding (you understand we are, of course, assuming the Terminator posesses weapons; including a type of those 'laser weapons' shown to be used by skynet in their actual timeline)

Anyone who played alien vs predator for the PC knows that the predator during the game had to fight his way against humans and, guess what, cyborgs, just like in the alien movie saga where we had those synthetic borgs. And anyone who played also knows that the predator had 4 types of vision modes * (including the normal mode), and that one of them was designed to detect artifacts, metal, inside scenery and, guess what, cyborgs. The predator would be detecting T2 easily just as T2 would detect the predator, but the T2 does not have the agility pred has, and also, not one weapon as ass kicker as those the pred has.

*obs.: before someone says "oh we´re not talking about the predator of the games", if you watch predator 2, there´s a part in the movie where the predator gets cornered inside a butchery warehouse and all humans are trying to kill him using some kind of dust with special clothes to fuck up the heat vision of the predator, and in the movie the predator starts to switch to OTHER VISION MODES and gets to detect the humans once more.

predator = advanced alien = super cool technology = T2 and cyberdine are no match for it.

Arnold killed Predator not being Termimator yet. Now that he is Terminator, Predator is no match for him.

this has become a great thread hehe

the predator has three vision modes besides normal; they all colour different emissions in different ways, and at least one of them should be able to spot the terminator... i remember one of those vision modes is called "electrical", it was used to detect aliens in AvP, so by the name i gather it could detect the terminator... who knows though

and geez, it's totally clear... the terminator might be very decided and tireless but it's a total clumsy ass compared to an agile and dexter predator; those guys can jump and leap from ridiculously high distances, and has an assload of different weapons available at once... he can even heal himself, where the closest thing Arnie has ever been to that is plucking out his dead eye with a knife :-/

Dilton said:
Anyone who played alien vs predator for the PC knows that the predator during the game had to fight his way against humans and, guess what, cyborgs, just like in the alien movie saga where we had those synthetic borgs. And anyone who played also knows that the predator had 4 types of vision modes * (including the normal mode), and that one of them was designed to detect artifacts, metal, inside scenery and, guess what, cyborgs. The predator would be detecting T2 easily just as T2 would detect the predator, but the T2 does not have the agility pred has, and also, not one weapon as ass kicker as those the pred has.

*obs.: before someone says "oh we´re not talking about the predator of the games", if you watch predator 2, there´s a part in the movie where the predator gets cornered inside a butchery warehouse and all humans are trying to kill him using some kind of dust with special clothes to fuck up the heat vision of the predator, and in the movie the predator starts to switch to OTHER VISION MODES and gets to detect the humans once more.

predator = advanced alien = super cool technology = T2 and cyberdine are no match for it.

Damn straight. 'Dem bitches probably don't also realise that a predator is about 8 feet tall, and can jump about 30 feet into the air. Little Terminator bitch would die faster than a black guy in an action movie.